Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Fly Fishing all over CO:)

I finally got a vacation in the summer time!! My fam goes to Almont,CO every year, but because I'm in the marina industrustry....kinda hard to get away in the summer. This I fly fished everywhere Durango, Montrose, Ouray, Silverton, Gunnison, Crested Butte, and every out of the way creek & beaver ponds I could find. It was a much needed break in a stream waving a stick ;) I've attached a few underwater pics of a couple nice Colorado Cutthroats and a lil Brook Trout. Almost all dry fly fishing too! It was awesome!

post-4863-0-90901500-1343684021_thumb.jpg

post-4863-0-17140900-1343684052_thumb.jpg

post-4863-0-89098500-1343684312_thumb.jpg

Sounds like an awesome trip! That drive from Durango to Montrose is the most beautiful stretch of highway! Absolutely breathtaking! A great way to spend a little vacation time!!

All those towns in the San juan mountains are awesome. Red mountain pass is killer. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome.! My best fish on a fly in Colorado was 24" Rainbow on the Taylor river below the dam. I hooked, and lost, what was probably a good 10lb. fish in that section also. Mysis shrimp was the key fly. Took a float down the Gunnison and caught alot of fish.

Oh I hear ya Snapshot bout the catch N release on the upper Taylor.:) A few yrs back caught a 9lb rainbow on the ol' Mysis. Hooked 2 nice browns this year on BWO emegers......but Dang 6X!!!!! :-D