Sign in to follow this  
JLW

albino mule deer

thought this was pretty cool!

My brother in-law spotted this deer yesterday in unit 22.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Did he say it was a doe\buck?

Thats sweet only albino animal I have seen was a Javelina. It's illegal to shoot albino anything correct?

Did he say it was a doe\buck?

I was there but he glassed HER up...

It was a doe with one other regular colored doe!

Pretty cool!

James

Awesome!

I saw a Javalina with an obvious white stipe around him, more than just the color you could see it from a few hundred yards away. NEVER seen a deer with anything albino or otherwise.

Pretty cool. I saw an albino Coues buck many years ago. I don't believe anyone ever took it and he probably died of old age or ended up in the belly of a lion or wolf.

Pretty cool. I saw an albino Coues buck many years ago. I don't believe anyone ever took it and he probably died of old age or ended up in the belly of a lion or wolf.

Lobos bad

It is not illeagal.

+1

If it had legal antlers it's legal game!

I did see a program someone posted on here a while back there is a heard of whitetail deer in Minnesota or somewhere up there and they are all white and those are protected there.

James

Not throwing cold water on your "find". With a dark toe it is a white deer with a dark toe rather than an albino. A true albino animal has a complete absence of color. It will also have pink eyes. This is still very cool and the photos are keepers regardless of quality.

Thanks for sharing.

Very cool!!! and like azmetalman said you can get an almost completely white animal that is not a true albino, but it's still very rare and cool!! Some of you might remember that white redtail hawk and the white bighorn sheep ewe that I posted pics of a couple years ago. They were very very white, but not true albinos.