Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Good Luck Unit 1 Hunters

Just got back from a week long camping trip in unit 1. Saw many many elk and a few real trophy bulls. It is raining up there every day right now and the bugs are terrible so don't forget the bug nets/repellant.

Saw some big bucks as well so the archery hunt should not disappoint.

Also saw 3-4 different people scounting the same feilds over and over again with spotting scopes (they need to find a new spot haha).

There is also a huge logging project taking place in some areas so be aware...if you have not scouted and are planning on hunting in those areas you are not going to find very many animals. There also seems to be MANY more cattle in some areas....the ranchers I am assuming are using this area more since the wallow fire burnt out a lot of land.

Just giving some helpful info. Good luck to you all and hope to see pictures of your success!

It is a fantastic unit that I have hunted for many years. Unfortunately, I drew no tags this year so I will have to live vicariously through the stories and pictures of those who did . Good luck!

I spent a few days checking the unit out a couple of weeks ago, seen the logging. It's about time they thinned some of that out. Man there was a lot of campers out! I can't wait to get out there for my hunt in just over a month!

Also seen where people have been driving into closed wildlife areas, I called the USFS to report it and they had no clue what I was talking about! I plan on "closing" the road myself here soon :ph34r:

Also, if you have seen a HUGE bull you can tell me where it is and IF I kill it you can say that you "sat on it or located it" for me and get your name thrown out there to be a hero! haha

HAHA sounds good. I'll PM you, its all free game until there is a tag on them!