vegasjeep

2012 Weight loss thread

Im sure there is more then just me who needs to drop a few pounds. WIth a hurting ankle leading up to my first surgery and after that and the following two surgeries I have been very immobile for close to 9 months.

Im wanting to get back down to the 180 mark. I am currently at 226 lbs. I started yesterday by trying to exercise as much as I can, cut out beer, soda, crap food and whatever. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by opening hunting season first rifle hunt.

I know I can do it but it will be hard as I still cannot run or jog. My ankle just does not allow it right now. I can move about as fast as 3.6 mph on the treadmill. those arent comfortable mph either. Every step is sore.

So who else needs encouragement to lose a few lbs these next couple of months?

I actually started Medifast July 2nd, at 235 pounds on a 5' 10" frame. I am at 207 right now, my end goal is to be at 180 by my friend's Sept 28th 22S MZ rut hunt. The stuff works and would be perfect for you, because exercise on this diet doesn't enter into the equation.

I did this two years ago and got as low as 184 and it was awesome out there humping mountains without carrying a bag of concrete around my mid-section.

Good Luck with your weight loss, JLG.

I made a change nearly two years ago. I was at 250 lbs and not happy about it. So I cut out soda and watched what I ate . Began exercising and I lost 75 lbs. Now I feel much better and I don't get tired while hunting anymore. Makes it much more enjoyable.

Now I even run in races and building up to run a half marathon in January. :)

This is one of the best changes I have ever made in my life and I encourage anyone who wants to do the same to do it. It is very hard in the beginning but gets much easier as time goes by, then finally it is just normal to eat right and exercise. Never thought I would actually look forward to running every day. :)

Brian

• Like 2

As of recent, I have changed alot... Drink nothing but diet sodas (no full flavor sodas), not much or any beer, still working on my diet but I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week. I currently am lifting heavy, so my weight hasn't dropped, but my pants/shirts are fitting better and I have noticed my strength coming back.

For anyone who wants to lose weight quick, look at the HCG diet. It sucks, its not meant for long term, and it can be expensive but it works like a charm. The problem is, coming off of it and keeping the weight off. I lost 40 pounds on it... Then gained 45 back in the following months.

Good job guys! The best thing is to make the proper lifestyle changes to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals.

Good luck with achieving your weight loss goal. I'm down 23lbs in the last 4 months and looking for about 5 more before a friends elk hunt. Cut down on carbs, increase the protien intake and get as much exercise as the body will allow. With the ankle issues you should look the pool--if you don't have one join the Y great way to get a low impact workout.

Im in my pool a lot. I still og to physical therapy 3 times a week as well. /last surgery was mid June so not to far off my last surgery either..... strength will come and doc says may take a year before im 85%... UGGG I just want to get to where I can jog....... because everything will free up after that

Im on the drop a few #s before the hunt myself. I usually run 175-180 on a 5'10" frame but since the promotion to desk job the last couple years Im right at the 195lb. mark. Ive joined the LA Fitness at Signal Butte and Baseline in East Mesa. Was curiouse if anyone else goes there from CWT.

I am not hi-jacking the thread but I have had to work on weightloss myself and thought I would share the below.

If any of you are interested my father in law owns a company called "Divine Nature."

http://divinenature.com/

Basically what he does is he takes your blood and from your blood can tell you what your body is deficient in and what it needs. He can tell if you're having kronic head aches, what type of food you eat, digestive habbits etc. It is really amazing stuff and I was pretty skeptical until I married my wife and he took my blood. I had all sorts or issues with weight loss/gain including digestive issues and he has 100% helped me. Although I am pluggin' his company I don't get anything from it I promise. :)

He works with doctors, NFL, NBA, the PGA as well as many celebrities. (he has pictures with many of them on his office wall) he also does a lot of work internationally. He doesnt bother advertising becuase all his business is by word of mouth in the medical feild. It's really amazing stuff, look at the website. No gimmicks or sales stuff but I would encourage anyone with any injury,recovering or who are just looking to lose weight to check it out.

The funny thing is that many of those who reach out to him are sports/weightlifting trainers who want to private label through him. If you want more info shoot me a PM or you can even youtube some of his stuff.

Im on the drop a few #s before the hunt myself. I usually run 175-180 on a 5'10" frame but since the promotion to desk job the last couple years Im right at the 195lb. mark. Ive joined the LA Fitness at Signal Butte and Elliot in East Mesa. Was curiouse if anyone else goes there from CWT.

I went to that LA fitness and loved the facility but could not afford to keep the membership though. I was doing that "Insanity Workout" for awhile at home. That is one crazy workout! Worth every penny haha

I got up to 250 this winter (lack of work) but I now got a ballbuster of a job. Lots of walking and buckets of sweat. My goal is to eventually get down to around 210.

Wow. This must ve the year of weight loss! I had surgery to remove a pretty large cyst on my lower back earlier this year. It created a lot of pain to sit or even move and then the surgery laid me out for quite a while. I had to lay on my side for the first month of recovery, I couldn't sit at all and could only stand for a few minutes at a time... never experienced anything this painful. Needless to say I packed on a few pounds from hardly moving. I ended up hitting 273lbs in may. As of today I now weigh 236lbs. its still higher than I would like but looking to keep dropping. My ultimate goal is 200lbs.

• Like 1

I'm at my heaviest weight I have ever been in my life 239 pounds 6 feet tall. I have found it extremely hard to lose the weight the older I get. I still consider myself fitter than most 49 year olds or at least more willing to get in over my head in physical activity than most. Now with that said it sux at times trying to do what I want to do dealing with being out of shape and past injuries. Although I know the change needs to come from me on how much I eat, what I eat, and how much I exercise.

Stay with it Vegasjeep and keep up the hard work. If you, me, or any other person on here is sincere in losing the weight it will come with dedication and hard work.

FirstCoueswas80....... careful with that diet soda, I spent 8 days in the hospital in 2006 partly from drinking diet soda. Water, Water, or Ice tea is best.

I'm at my heaviest weight I have ever been in my life 239 pounds 6 feet tall. I have found it extremely hard to lose the weight the older I get. I still consider myself fitter than most 49 year olds or at least more willing to get in over my head in physical activity than most. Now with that said it sux at times trying to do what I want to do dealing with being out of shape and past injuries. Although I know the change needs to come from me on how much I eat, what I eat, and how much I exercise.

Stay with it Vegasjeep and keep up the hard work. If you, me, or any other person on here is sincere in losing the weight it will come with dedication and hard work.

FirstCoueswas80....... careful with that diet soda, I spent 8 days in the hospital in 2006 partly from drinking diet soda. Water, Water, or Ice tea is best.

I know what you mean. I am 50 y.o with thyroid disease, and a bad back. Weight goes on easy, and is hard to get rid of. Somedays I feel like my old worn out truck.lol

• Like 1