vegasjeep

2012 Weight loss thread

Anybody interested in doing weekly weigh ins? Nothing official, just current weight, total loss, and weekly loss. Post each weekend and encourage each other...sure seems to be a lot of us trying to drop a few pounds. I could always use weekly motivation.

I weighed in last Monday and was 226. Ill weigh in every Monday... lets start our Monday weigh in on this thread...... Still on track. Im at that 4 day mark which really makes it hard. Its the I really want to eat stage now... not just eat but eat crap. or stuff my face. Portion control is my biggest enemy.

I started my Medifast program at 235 on July 2nd, this morning (Aug 10th) I was at 206. Hopefully, I hit my 180 number by September 28th. You do slow down, last time I did it, I dropped 46 pounds over 3 months, it was the best fall I had in years. We killed 6 bulls in the late season over two hunts in an 11 day span and hiking out the meat was involved in all of them. It was tough, but I was ready for it than. Good Luck all, JLG.

I will join in. I am 5'9" and got up to 221 in January. Decided it was time to do something about it and started running again (hadn't run regularly for 10 years). I ran a 10k in January and the Havasu Half Marathon in April. The lowest I have gotten down to is 198, but I am sitting about 201 right now. If anybody is in Gilbert and wants to run give me a shout I like to do a long run every Saturday, and I am planning on doing the Phoenix Marathon in March.

205 today, last week was a struggle, just 2 pounds. Hope this is a better week, JLG.

Weighed in this morning. Saw a low of 213.6

I usually drop a ton of weight fast then mellow out. Week one is usually good for me and then I slow down to 2 lbs a week. It is usually good for me to get me dedicated and even more ready to lose weight....

Ive stayed on track. Eating healthy, lots of water, juice, and no crap except a orange cream popsicle sat night. Oh I had some home made jerky the other day as well and although most say it is good as it has no added salt

I am in too. Unfortunately it looks like the scale I have when I am up on my weeks at work and my scale I have at home are about 10-12 lbs different, but I should have started around 275 on the work scale and 265 on my home scale. I am on my weeks off and the home scale just read 252, so about 13 lbs in 4 weeks. My goal for this season is to be under 235 on the home scale, and to be maintaining under 220 by the next draw.

• Like 1

I would for sure check out Jake Rush' site, also Train To Hunt, and Wilderness Athlete.

With the exception of the last 8 weeks (back surgery), I am a self proclaimed gym rat. The biggest enemies we have at the grocery store are alcohol, soda (even diet..don't believe that crap) and anything in a box that has ingredients you can't pronounce. Shop on the outside aisles. Also, be careful about dropping carbs completely...you need those to have energy to work out. Just be smart and choose the right ones. Spend a few bucks and consult a qualified nutritionist if you can. Bottom line- you have to eat. Just do it right..

Cardio is great, but if you want to lose weight faster, you have to add weight training in there.

Another great workout..load up your Badlands pack with optics, tripod, water, toilet paper, pistol, maps,GPS and go do a lot of scouting....especially in Unit 21 during August. ;-)

Lastly, if you're in your 40's or close to it...get your testosterone checked. Believe it or not, what you see in the commercials is true and adding it back in WILL help you lose the weight and your energy levels will be way up too. Most insurance companies will cover it. I recommend Vital4men clininc in Peoria.

• Like 2

I went up .2 over night..I know I know not suppose to weigh everyday but I do usually.

I think putting starting weight in every post will help everyone know where you are at and how you are doing.

Started 8/6/12 226 lbs. Down to 213.8

204 today, can't wait to break 200, I think it's a week to 10 days off, but will keep plugging away, JLG.

204 today, can't wait to break 200, I think it's a week to 10 days off, but will keep plugging away, JLG.

That is EXACTLY what Im waiting for... 210 will be a good point but when I get below 200!! Ill be super happy as well. THen when I see 189.9!!! LOL