vegasjeep

2012 Weight loss thread

Great thread , I am 42 years old, have a torn meniscus, bad arthritis in both knees, was a little bummed out because the doctor told there was nothing i could do other than knee replacements , except diet and exercise, so 14 weeks ago i started crossfit. I love it ! i am down from 232 to 201 and much stronger , but most of all my knees have not felt this good in 15 years . No pain at all . I was going to post my 12 week before and after picture but i thought it might be a little weird

keep up the hard work , diet is a huge part of it.

P.S if there are any cross fitters out there i just got a PR last week on fran of 2:52 RX and i did Elizabeth this morning of 5:33 RX

Never tried cross fit. Want to try it out...

POst the pics... I took a couple of me for before and after......

The first after picture was taken at saguaro lake, i swim a mile there once a week ( In addition to crossfit), the other pics are at 14 weeks

Also some of the added benefits of getting into shape is hiking 8 miles with your boys on a successful shed hunting trippost-1975-0-19721900-1344965813_thumb.jpgpost-1975-0-21491700-1344965840_thumb.pngpost-1975-0-50109100-1344965878_thumb.jpgpost-1975-0-25406700-1344965904_thumb.jpgpost-1975-0-66899400-1344966184_thumb.jpgpost-1975-0-62232700-1344966212_thumb.jpg

Holy crap , how do I re size the pictures, I didn't realize they would take up half the page,

Great job masonA, I bet findin antlers is alot easier too.

Your son wrestling high school or this that an old picture???

HE wrestled for poston junior high last year as an 8th grader, I guess i should brag , he took first place last year in city (mesa) for his weight group. This year he will be wrestling for mnt. view as a freshman.

been looking into crossfit. Seems like something i would enjoy instead of a normal gym. ANy recommendations on getting started...

im sure there is a forum

been looking into crossfit. Seems like something i would enjoy instead of a normal gym. ANy recommendations on getting started...

im sure there is a forum

Thinking the same thing, especially since joining a gym at home seems pointless since I am gone half the time at work.

You can always start with p90x or insanity (or similar) at home after that you will be in shape and can move on to a gym or crossfit. Before anyone blasts the infomercial stuff try it, I made fun of it but it was the only way to get my wife to workout since she would not go to a gym. Anyway it ain't easy and i quit smiling after about 15 minutes into it.

Good luck everyone!

Great job masonA, I bet findin antlers is alot easier too.

Your son wrestling high school or this that an old picture???

HE wrestled for poston junior high last year as an 8th grader, I guess i should brag , he took first place last year in city (mesa) for his weight group. This year he will be wrestling for mnt. view as a freshman.

Great to hear, mine will be a freshman as well. Looking forward to finally having him in the high school room. Best of luck this season.

Im feeling great this morning!!!! Made some juice in the juicer and ready to get the day on... Already did 50 crunches and 25 push ups.... Im trying to do that 2-3 times a day.

I did p 90x about 3 years ago < it's a butt kicker, especially if you hit it hard.

Crossfit works well for me because you are competing against others in the gym who are at your same level and ability.classes are fairly small 8-12 people per class so you get a lot of 1 on 1 training, It,s similar to p90x in that you do a lot of pull ups, push ups,sit ups, Olympic lifts , running , rowing , squats , deadlifts ,all done for time, or number of reps to work on metabolic conditioning and strength.

just google crossfit games, I work out at crossfit Mesa, on greenfield north of mcdowell. there are crossfit gyms all over the valley.

Weighed in at 203 today. 23 more to go, let's get this done, JLG.

Gained about 15 lbs when the baby came 1 yr ago, lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks by switching beer for wine, good advice for those who like to have a little sip each night

weighed in at 209.4 today... so stoked... below 210.... next goal is below 200... 199.9 LOL

Basically 30 lbs to get to my 180 goal!

EED3A481-A06E-448F-8DF4-9BA85C6073B8-4305-0000039987CB52D7.jpg