vegasjeep

2012 Weight loss thread

I kind of got burnt on the crossfit attitude. Tried to join the message board and have been denied 4 times to join as they do not believe that my name is what it is. My email. my phone and everything has the same name and they said they dont believe me.... piss off then. The gym i was going to does not tell you the price of their gym until after you go through the initial class... that kind of is shady as well.

Either way...

got out hiking this morning. New Danners and an easy to moderate trail at Dreamy draw. 1.5 miles and was back. Ill feel it shortly but it was the first time hiking since last october and the first time since walking again... LOL Going to try to do two times per week and build up.

564287_4107403756985_577003515_n.jpg

sorry , that happened to you , I wonder if that was a real crossfit affiliate, there are a lot of imitations out there, hopefully that is what that was. Anyhow looks like the plan you have in place is working great , so keep up the good work.

It's 530 and I'm up and headed to dreamy draw to go hiking. Got to stay on track!

Just finished a short run, my calf is still bugging me though so it was mostly a test run. Weighed 201 today, luckily I had that bear hunt to keep me in shape last week.

good job flatlander....

I was hoping to see 204.9XXXXX didnt quite make it. I did see it 205.7 though. pretty happy. Ill be on track still to try and find 199.9XXX by next Monday....

woke up early and went hiking again today. about 1.5 miles or so. not much at all but it is something. I felt it way more today then on Saturday in my bad ankle and the left knee. it will come with time i hope....

E624F2B1-F0DF-4CE4-884A-C941CCF5AE58-19540-00000FFD6EDE0556.jpg

E953F4AB-1E18-4290-9682-805589274FDB-19540-00000FFD6508C245.jpg

EFC894D5-C8A1-4E37-8CD3-1DECC68E1473-19540-00000FFD76243F85.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on crossfit. I agree with strengthening the muscles around the knee to help lessen the impact ... I tried the same approach in combination with changing my gait to more of a forefoot strike before doing half-marathon the year after surgery. Ended up with shin splints. Lol. 13.1 was probably too much pounding ... but i think in general, if you can strengthen the area around a trouble spot, everything works better together, and you can rise with the tide.

Hit 198 today, finally under 200, 18 pounds left to make my goal, JLG.

Down to 282 this morning. The weight is coming off so slowly. Maybe I will do a better job keeping it off this time.

weight is slowly coming off.... i was at 205 2 days in a row. Plateued but it will pick up again shortly. Cant seem to break in ot that 204 region... LOL hopefully by monday I can be down to 204.XX Then ill be moving the weight again.

Alright guys, I'm on board now to! I'm 245.8lbs

My goal is 199 by Christmas.

I will update my weight once a week.

get on with it Vowell.... Stay on track, cut out the crap. beer, soda. Thats what works for me. I cannot have one here or there. I have to stop all together and drink water.

Im plateauing this week and have not excercised much as I over did it with my short hikes and it laid me up for a few days.

im at 206 this morning but my eating is still on track. Ill get back to losing this week hopefuly

Great Thread Vegas Jeep! I caught myself a few times almost eating a cookie. I think that dane thing got within 2 inches of my mouth 3 different times. My Daughter has been leaving a trail of oreos without the cream filling all over the house,,,, grrrrrrrr! I worked out pretty hard this morning. I am taking pics tonight and will post them with the end results.

Your right about the soda though, that is going to be my toughest challenge. I keep thinking though in the back of my head I drew a sweet tag this year in 3a, 3c and I don't want to waist it by being so tired while hunting. You guys are motivation! Keep on going!

I need a scale. Can't tell were I am at. I have been working like a dog 6 days a week, and I don't feel thinner. I bet I walk 5-6-7 miles a day at work. I think I have a big problem. Plantar Faciitis.

I worked my butt off 6 days a week 10+ hour days walki more then 10 miles a day. Once I cut out soda and beer an fit food portions in check it made all the difference to losing weight.

Cubout all beer and soda. Thats easy for me. The hard part is putting portions in check.

I drink a lot of water and drink protein shakes. You cannot buy just any protein shake. It has to be a good quality lean protein shake. No carbs, no fat, and about 100 calories per serving. I drink mine with slim milk. Satisfies a hungry stomach. Dymatize Iso 100 is one brand of good quality lean protein powder.

Har not been workin out at all thi week. Had a major set back with the little hiking I did on my ankle. Been super painful and bothersome since last monday. My weight has been hovering around 205 for 10 days now. I've seen 205.0 but not into the 4a yet. I'll get there and be back on the dropping pound track soon.

Ive plateaued at 205... cant break down any more in two weeks. Still satuing on track and ready to start dropping again...... mayb with luck Ill hit a spurt and get down to 199.99 by Monday...

where is everyone at?

I started running again, Did 2 miles sprinting 100m, walking 100m. I am sore in all kinds of places. Down to 198.