vegasjeep

2012 Weight loss thread

Finally broke the 280 mark! This working out stuff sucks. I'm surprised tht more health nuts aren't dropping over dead. Aiming at 270 now.

• Like 1

Back to 200 this morning. Dang football season and terrible snack foods that go with it.

How's everyone doing on their weight loss? I started out at 341 2 months ago and I'm down to 292 as of this am... On my way to around 200, and off meds!

• Like 1

I have to get a scale. I mostly quit on the Monster energy drink. I was drinking as many as 6 a day. Bad stuff. But I should start dropping weight again. I still have one occasionally.

Wife has been bugging me to lose weight as I'm over the 200-lb mark. I always have reasons not to start on an exercise program or simply to sweat it out to lose pounds. I think I'll be joining you guys... Wait till my wife hears that I'm planning to lose weight. She'll be so happy!

I'm holding strong at 205. Snacked a bit watching football and traveled for 14 days which means sunflower seeds and soda for me.

Getting back on a bit of a track to get back dropping.

Sounds like lots of hunters are in full swing of workouts and eating right. Im stuck out of town working so Im hitting the hills every chance I get. I look for the steapest highest mountain I think I can handle each particular day and dont quit until i conquer it, found a mule deer shed today. The combo of hiking and eating food with no sugar or carbs I have lost weight and feel great!

Vegasjeep, I feel for you on having a bumb ankle. About three years ago I shatterd my ankle, I now have a pin a plate and seven screws holding my bones together. For the most part it never bothers me unless its really cold out. It took about a year and a half before I felt comfortable hiking in steep Coues type country. My best advice it to get an eleptical and dont try to rush your recovery. They are alot easier on your joints than running on a tredmill. They are also good for people who have bad backs. I have one at home and I love it. Nice Bucks you found today, hopfully you get one down this year!

You can see by my picture that I too have wieght issues. That pic was taken 2 years ago. I was probably about 290 to 300. I went to the doc for something and she started talking diabetes... I knew I needed to do something to turn it around. A friend talked me into going to Arizona to chase these little white tails, so a little over a year ago, I started walking with my wife. The first day, I could only make about a half mile. By the time our hunt came around, I was walking 5 miles with a 30 pound pack, and had lost down to about 255. Unfortunately after season I gained some of it back. After the holidays, I came to the end of the road with my drinking. I was drinking turkey 101, alot of it. Now was the time to stop that 1000 or so calories a day. Best thing I ever did. I was killing myself. My wife signed us up at the Planet Fitness in January, and now we work out every morning(weekdays). I do 30 minutes on the elliptical for cardio, and then lift upper body or core exercises. I am about 260 now, and still losing slowly. More importantly, I am building back lean muscle that I had lost. I am really looking forward to this years hunt with ruffcountry again. I am in better shape than I have been in years. I still wont be able to keep up with him, but I will sure try :) Hang in there vegasjeep, you are gonna come back strong. I have a bad ankle too, and the elliptical machine is alot better than the treadmill for low impact. Hunting didnt save my life, but it helped me to live longer and happier.

-sd

• Like 1

congrats guys.... IT'S NOT EASY..

I am 6.1 and weight 220 I am trying to be between 190-200 range.... IT'S HARDDDDD... If i cut from my diet.. I don't feel good i feel sick.. my stomac bothers me.. if in the morning i eat some cereals and by 11 i don't have anything i feel like i am passing out. so.... I need to eat at least 3 times a day.(good portions)

NO MORE SODA for ME .. .lots of water... I am trying to do a little running OR WALKING I like to walk more then i like to run. I hope in one month I CAN BE AT 210 ... I HOPE even 215 I WILL BE HAPPY...

Some of you guys are doing great.

vegas jeep KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. You did lost some weight Congrats.

If i loose 5 lbs a month... I WILL BE HAPPY

If i cut from my diet.. I don't feel good i feel sick.. my stomac bothers me.. if in the morning i eat some cereals and by 11 i don't have anything i feel like i am passing out. so.... I need to eat at least 3 times a day.(good portions)

A common mistake with dieting is not eating often enough. You really should be eating at least 5 times a day - smaller portions of course but more frequently.

I took 23 lbs off in 3 months by eating small meals/snacks more often - 6 times a day for me - 3 balanced meals, and 3 small snacks - mostly non-fat yogurt or fruit.

I

• Like 1

If i cut from my diet.. I don't feel good i feel sick.. my stomac bothers me.. if in the morning i eat some cereals and by 11 i don't have anything i feel like i am passing out. so.... I need to eat at least 3 times a day.(good portions)

A common mistake with dieting is not eating often enough. You really should be eating at least 5 times a day - smaller portions of course but more frequently.

I took 23 lbs off in 3 months by eating small meals/snacks more often - 6 times a day for me - 3 balanced meals, and 3 small snacks - mostly non-fat yogurt or fruit.

I

thx for the tip. I will try to eat like that and see how i will feel :)

I started at 218 July 28 when the Docter told the wife I was pre-diabetic. This morning (after a week of elk hunting) I tipped the scales a 204. Looking for 165 by next Dec. I'm hitting 62 this Dec. so I'm not rushing things. I cut out almost all sugar and most breads. I do stairs at work ( 8 floors worth) and ride a bike at least 6 miles every other day. Weight lifting sucks and I know I won't do it. I know where I'm going for coues this Dec. and it ain't easy. Very high and very steep.