twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

hiked in one morning 1 hr and 15 minutes. get to the hill to get set up and start glassing. one guy is checking his crackberry to see if he has service and the other guy is setting up his tripod and camera to take pictures. seriously?

Oh yeah and when they have to call and "check in" 6 times a day.

One of my buddies has a wife that calls him at least 5 time a day. Drives me bonkers, and he talks to her in this wimpy voice like he talking to a 2 year old. He's always up for an adventure though and he always brings good snacks too. I'm sure I drive him nuts cause I never leave my dog home unless I absolutely have to.

+1 on being late! This is one of many, 4 yrs ago I drew a really good elk tag (archery)in NM. We had locate some bulls that morning and decided to come back that evening. During the middle of the day we split up and agreed to meet up a SPECIFIC time. So I get there early(hey what a concept) hoping he would do the same so we could get set up. Well the time comes and... he's late. Screw it, so I head out. Turns out I get into a herd and the herd bull( a 340 class bull) is on fire!! He was stepping all over my calls! A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE NICE! Never closed the deal. So AFTER dark we meet back at camp. Dude! Where were you?! His response, "out hiking" WTF!!!!

Brothers! What do you do......?

+1 on being late! This is one of many, 4 yrs ago I drew a really good elk tag (archery)in NM. We had locate some bulls that morning and decided to come back that evening. During the middle of the day we split up and agreed to meet up a SPECIFIC time. So I get there early(hey what a concept) hoping he would do the same so we could get set up. Well the time comes and... he's late. Screw it, so I head out. Turns out I get into a herd and the herd bull( a 340 class bull) is on fire!! He was stepping all over my calls! A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE NICE! Never closed the deal. So AFTER dark we meet back at camp. Dude! Where were you?! His response, "out hiking" WTF!!!!

I'm just glad you didn't say planning a bear hunting trip and arranging time off from work, only to have my moron buddy screw up his knee in an ATV accident just before hand, thus screwing up the whole thing.

My hunting buddy really gets me when he opens his cooler at midday in 95°+ weather. and starts eating cold watermelon or peaches and other good snacks that just leave my mouth watering!

He always shares with me but what I cant figure out is why I always forget that stuff when I run by the grocery store on the way to the scouting or hunting trip.

• Like 3

I'm just glad you didn't say planning a bear hunting trip and arranging time off from work, only to have my moron buddy screw up his knee in an ATV accident just before hand, thus screwing up the whole thing.

Just don't let it happen again! Alright!

I'll forgive you this time.

Cranking-up a generator back at camp!! I get that some foiks are into the '5th-Wheel' experience, but I usually prefer the sound of crickets and a crackling fire..... ;)

S.

:)

(OK, truth be told, I've accepted an invitation to sleep in a nice comfy 5th-Wheel a time or two, but I'd just as soon sleep on my cot under the stars! )

• Like 2

- Being late or not ready definitely top of the list.

- Inability to follow directions or make a decision. Usually starts with "I Don't care what do you want to do?" :rolleyes: . These words should be taboo in the field this is serious $#it dude if you dont have valuable input or a valid opinion then zip-it, listen, and follow directions. :P

- Showing up with another person or their kid, :COME ON" lets plan a kids trip and a big boy trip and NEVER shall they mingle.

- Acting like one of their spots is gov classified. Always ends up being a guy you helped take an animal or shared all your intel with.

- Arguing or complaining, it's hunting it is the happiest time of the year don't bring down my vibe! I can go back to the estrogen mansion where it is my job to field complaints if I need to be irritable. :angry:

- Last one, people who are only happy if THEY are successful... There are times when i have been just as excited or proud of helping someone else.

Sorry its a long list, :huh: I hunt with a lot of interesting people.

On two separate trips, several years apart, I've had hunting "Partners" that "forgot" to mention they could only hunt the opening weekend of our long planned full season Elk hunts...both had naturally rode all the way to camp in my vehicle (to save gas) before telling me of this little detail...both loudly complained that they did not speak up earlier because they knew I would make them drive themselves to camp....Ya think????...one "Partner" ended up renting a car for the trip home to Tucson from Flagstaff...the other had his wife pick him up in Flagstaff.....Turns out I burned some bridges with those "Partners" as they never even asked to hunt with me again.....What the heck, I thought my taking them in to town was a great demonstration of camaraderie and sacrifice.....

• Like 8

people that always show up for the hunt but never want to put in the time before the season. To me the scouting and preparation is the best part of the hunt, sad to see so many people miss out on the whole experience

• Like 3

I have two buddies that I hunt with and both are WAAAYYY better hunters/outdoorsmen than me can't say that anything they do really annoys me.

I count my self lucky just to get to tag along with them.

One of them is not on this site so thankfully you all wont have to read his list of the things that I do that annoy him. On the other hand Skeeter IS here and when he sees this thread I'm sure he'll get carpal tunnel syndrome before he fihishes his list of annoyances.

• Like 1