twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

One that doesn't do any scouting but tags along on your hunt and then takes people into the area that you worked hard figuring out! Takes a lot of time and money to figure out an area..

I have a buddy like that!

• Like 1

I have hunters that camp all around me drinking all night & into the early morning. Once day breaks, they head out and bring back a big trophy. While I come back to camp empty handed. That's what pisses me off!

• Like 1

One that doesn't do any scouting but tags along on your hunt and then takes people into the area that you worked hard figuring out! Takes a lot of time and money to figure out an area..

your not the only one....

Well I have this buddy that I really enjoy hunting with and he always puts in the work and never complains when we're not seeing the deer, but... He is an avid story teller and everytime he gets to telling another story about something funny that happened to him or something crazy he saw, he always get into the story way to much and before I know it were sitting on the hill side and he is not using his hunting voice. I mostly enjoy the stories he tells but for bucks sake, you dont have to yell haha. But a good friend and a good hunting buddy non the less. I'd take him out with me anytime.

Ha ha! I have a ex-buddy like that. Funny thing is to he has killed a lion, wt buck, and a bear in spots that everyone else showed him. But wait he is the Big White Hunter now. Never again will hunt with him! And he shows everyone the areas!

And to add to this he sent me a text today, "thanks for the pic!" When i didn't send a pic of my deer i just shot because he would only ask "where area did you shoot him at?

This is a really fun thread. I'm sure we've all got similar stories. Slamming doors, snoring all night, talking loud, a little too much drinking and bullsh!tting around the campfire. Share a "secret" spot with a friend at come back next year and it's a zoo.

On the other hand, it's nice to have people you can go out with, share the time, enjoy the experience with, even if we all have to put up with eachothers' quirks.

Personally, I almost gave up hunting a couple years back. My closest hunting buddy and I had a falling out, my other friends had so many work and family obligations, I found myself hunting alone most of the time. My kids, then were too young to really get into the tougher hunts.

If I learned one thing, having a hunting buddy, even one that sometimes gets on your nerves, is usually better than going alone, over and over, and wishing you had someone there to share it with you. It also makes you a little more aware of what you are doing that is bugging the crap out of your hunting partner - lol.

• Like 1

This is a really fun thread. I'm sure we've all got similar stories. Slamming doors, snoring all night, talking loud, a little too much drinking and bullsh!tting around the campfire. Share a "secret" spot with a friend at come back next year and it's a zoo.

On the other hand, it's nice to have people you can go out with, share the time, enjoy the experience with, even if we all have to put up with eachothers' quirks.

Personally, I almost gave up hunting a couple years back. My closest hunting buddy and I had a falling out, my other friends had so many work and family obligations, I found myself hunting alone most of the time. My kids, then were too young to really get into the tougher hunts.

If I learned one thing, having a hunting buddy, even one that sometimes gets on your nerves, is usually better than going alone, over and over, and wishing you had someone there to share it with you. It also makes you a little more aware of what you are doing that is bugging the crap out of your hunting partner - lol.

Well said Coach.

I was always the camp cook for my Dad and I. I always come back to camp after dark. I would be slogging my way up the side of a steep canyon and my Dad would be calling me on the radio asking when I'm going to be back to cook dinner. :angry: God Bless his soul.

One thing that annoys me more than anything, is other hunters camping to close to me. There are hundreds of square miles of area in a unit, but there are times when someone feels they have to camp fifty yards away from you? Whats up with that. One year there was a group of guys partying all night with loud music until the wee hours. My Dad got up early,and went ripping through their camp with his ATV,,revving the motor and being as loud as he could, and yelling. :lol: Here I thought we might have a war on our hands, but they got the point.

Well said Coach.

+1

Constant sneezing. One of my hunting buddies has allergic rhinitis and would always sneeze when we go hunting. What can you expect then.... After 1 or 2 hours we hardly see anything moving. So it's best I hunt alone.

Btw, another moral of this thread is to treat your hunting spot akin to that of a trade secret. It's for your eyes and knowledge along. :)

That snowman is going to go Blind doing that.

• Like 1

Elk hunter1..... If u look a little closer and based on the shadows. I think its not teak or oak. I believe its an example of morning.