twigsnapper

Things your huntin buddies do that drive you nuts : )

not my buddies but I've been sitting on a ridge since dark thirty and then you can hear a engine rumbling near and some idiots pass by drinking beer, blasting music and glassing from truck. I so wanted to flatten some tires at that moment. I did call dfg when I got back to camp.

my buddies alway call a day before season starts and want to know what area i'm hunting so they can join up. they never scout a day, I send them to another area and say things changed over night :-)

Yes... I'm tired of sharing my hard earned knowledge just for them to take advantage of it or WORSE.. completely ignore it.. lol

• Like 1

These are great. Sometimes it is hard being a mom and a hunter. My husband is with the kids and I go alone. I don't know any girl hunter and it would just look wrong to have a guy take me. Although I wouldn't care if it was a guy because hunting is hunting.

My husband is great but he hunts different than me. He has hunted majority of his life and I have for 6 years. Lol. I walk super slow and he walks fast. I love to hike and for me it is fun regardless if I only see a squirrel or even nothing. He gets frustrated when he doesn't see anything or get anything. We are just different.

Last weekend I went camping alone in a wilderness area with no cell reception. Turns out I am really afraid of bears and after hiking all day, I just couldn't do it alone. Granted the weekend before I saw a bear in a different area, and that was tough too.

• Like 2

These are great. Sometimes it is hard being a mom and a hunter. My husband is with the kids and I go alone. I don't know any girl hunter and it would just look wrong to have a guy take me. Although I wouldn't care if it was a guy because hunting is hunting.

My husband is great but he hunts different than me. He has hunted majority of his life and I have for 6 years. Lol. I walk super slow and he walks fast. I love to hike and for me it is fun regardless if I only see a squirrel or even nothing. He gets frustrated when he doesn't see anything or get anything. We are just different.

Last weekend I went camping alone in a wilderness area with no cell reception. Turns out I am really afraid of bears and after hiking all day, I just couldn't do it alone. Granted the weekend before I saw a bear in a different area, and that was tough too..

Yes, I'm the same way. I find that I have more success walking nice and slow and taking my time.. couple steps or so and stop, and a few more, stop.. etc...especially when I know something maybe in the area.

I truly enjoy taking my time and even sitting up at a spot to overlook the land. I find that taking my time puts me in the right mind set to slowly look over everything and be more aware of my surroundings. I find a lot of cool stuff when I take my time compared to when I'm focused on marching up a hill as fast as I can.

When I have a steering wheel on my belt is the only time they can drive me nuts.

• Like 1

Things that drive me nuts. Lack of preparation. Get out to the field and they ask where do you think I should hunt. GET YOU LAZY butt OFF THE COUCH AND SCOUT. Its ok to ask for help as long as you have tried to help your self.

• Like 2

hey I got that happened to me recently: They get drawn and I don't. THAT drives me nuts!

When they brag a lot about how good of a shot they are, and they shoot the same deer 3 times and never make a good shoot, then run out of ammo, then decide they need to get back so they can watch a game and basically to heck with the deer! VERY nerve racking!!

• Like 1

Staying at a hotel for our hunt and he walks right past the sink and not wash hands after using the toilet. Every. Single. Time.

Am I being too high maintenance or is this just effin' disgusting?? :angry:

Staying at a hotel for our hunt and he walks right past the sink and not wash hands after using the toilet. Every. Single. Time.

Some people are taught to wash their hands after using the bathroom and some are taught not to get anything on their hands.when they use the bathroom. :D

Some people are taught to wash their hands after using the bathroom and some are taught not to get anything on their hands.when they use the bathroom. :D

reminds me of a joke I cant remember completely. I wash my junk so its cleaner than my hands.
  • Like 1

I hope you guys are kidding. Perspiration in the perineal area aerosolizes feces and bacteria to the skin all over that area. Even if you don't poop on your hands, they're still covered in 200 million bacteria per square inch after using the restroom.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/147771-4-gross-things-that-happen-when-you-dont-wash-your-hands

https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/really-need-wash-hands-pee/

I hope you guys are kidding. Perspiration in the perineal area aerosolizes feces and bacteria to the skin all over that area. Even if you don't poop on your hands, they're still covered in 200 million bacteria per square inch after using the restroom.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/147771-4-gross-things-that-happen-when-you-dont-wash-your-hands

https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/really-need-wash-hands-pee/

Holy crap that is a lot of $5 words for this 50cent crowd.......

• Like 4