Shedhunteraz

Opinion on New Archery Shop

Just wanted to get some feedback from fellow bowhunters. Wife and I, along with my brother in law are seriously thinking of opening up a new archery shop in central phx. What sets us apart is we would put in a 3D range indoors along with 5 to 6 other shooting lanes. So those of us that want to get ready for the hunting seasons without melting our heads off it will be fully air conditioned. Also add to the shop with a few diffrent bow lines, the accesories and clothing. Would have a full time bow service tech for any needs. Would like to do a summer and winter league for the range also. Let us know what you guys think, any information would be very helpfull. Thanks

We need a good archery shop up north! If you have 3d targets to shoot year round you will definitely draw some good business.

Arizona archery club just opened in north phoenix. Have you been there? If not, it is a huge place with I think 30 lanes of 45+ yards. As far as want, yeah we always want another local archery shop, the issue would be sustainability. Seems there has been plenty of archery shops in phoenix, and only a few survive. Fiesta archery used to have a bunch of 3d targets and i think their range was 25 or 30 yards. I am not trying to talk you out of opening your dream, just do your research and the key to opening a new shop would be the brand of bows you will be able to carry. Make sure that you are able to get the Mathews, bowtech and Hoyt. Also lots of other smaller companies that are up and coming like athens and G5. Good luck in whatever you choose. If you build I will come. LOL

I'd love to see something in the far East Valley. If there were I'd be a regular for sure. I just can't justify the 45+ minute drive from Queen Creek to Phoenix.

Tough business to make a go of it, especially if it will be your main source of income. High overhead and low margins.

Might be better off starting something on line. No rent, no utilities. Little or no insurance. If that is successful you could expand to a "real" shop with range, repairs, etc.

You could get a top notch web site designed for what one or two months rent would be on the store.

good luck.

Sounds like you would have a good shop. Tough competition but if you can branch out and market yourself well I see no reason why you can't be successful longterm. Good advice from others...you'll need other income but if you can dream it and make it work then more power to you! If its close the the east valley I would go there to shoot.

Walt Disney made an entertainment giant out of a mouse! Took him his whole life but he did it!

We are thinking east valley since the addition of the new shop in the far north valley. And no its not our sole source of income for those who have spoke of it. We actually have a very sucessfull business, just looking to diversify and get a good product out there since there is very few out there. Thanks for the input guys.