Howdy guys and gals, I've been sittin' on this since last January but now decided to post it up.

This is a buck that was found on one of our ranches in Mexico. It was several years ago that I aquired it and and I've kept it in my friends ranch house ever since. I had put an old archery tag on it which had my name and address so just in case somebody visited the ranch they wouldn't take it. It was great to take hunters every year to this ranch and show them the rack, but then it disappeared!!!

My friend had let another outfitter hunt his ranch early last season for Mule Deer while we were hunting Coues on a different ranch nearby. After that hunt was over and that outfitter had left, we showed up to find this skull missing and the tag I had on it cut off and in the trash!

My friend has been trying to track this guy and this skull down and get it back but hasn't been able to. I know who this outfitter is and he's always at the big shows in the states. I've recently been told by several of his past clients that he uses racks and pictures at his booths of bucks that weren't killed on his ranches or he had nothing to do with, but he claims they're his and books hunts using them.

Because I have no hard facts, I won't say his name, not even in PM's so please don't ask. He is NOT a sponsor of CWT.com either! I have heard that he may have already got the rack across the border and is intending to use it in his booth at the shows and may have already displayed it this past show season.

I'm posting this in hopes that if any of you see this rack you'll please let me know! The guy that took it knew exactly what he was doing and by cutting my tag off and taking it he blatently stole it, and that just pisses me off! If it is on this side of the border I won't be able to get it back, but I can definitely make sure this dude regrets cutting my tag off and taking it! Thanks! JIM>

StolenHead1.jpg

StolenHead2.jpg

StolenHead3.jpg

StolenHead4.jpg

What an awesome and unique looking buck! Hope you are able to track it down!

I cannot stand thieves and I am very sorry to hear that. If its around I am sure people will recognize it, good luck in finding it.

Thanks Jim for sharing this story and unique buck with us. This is one buck you're not likely to forget so hopefully someone spots it and lets you know.

TJ

if i was you,. i would really hope that this was a cruel joke. But as you have been waiting since Janurary it turns out it wasn't and i would be really ticked off. I hope for the best outcome. Thats just terrible, low life, ...... :angry:

Should put lo jack in the mounts that would be funny. Police show up in force at your door for a mount.

Bet that outfitter wont be back. Just unreal how some people treat other people's property. I hope for some street justice for this so called outfitter.

One of the best deer I've ever seen. I'd show up at a show and just take the damnn head back. I wouldn't have even posted - now he'll probably hide the damnn thing until it blows over. Sorry this happened to you Jim.

• Like 1

I've seen these flash mobs on TV.....we should find out what show he is at and then overwhelm his booth haha. We wouldn't be in the wrong and Jim can get his antlers back

• Like 2