Sign in to follow this  
cflores

1961 Willys Jeep

I have a 1961 Willys that is in really good shape. I am looking to trade or sell. Need something a little bigger. This Jeep needs nothing, and will go anywhere ! Tires are like new, with after market rims.Not for driving on the highway, as it is geared really low. You will probably never have to be put in four wheel drive. It has a The Willys F-134 Hurricane an inline-4 piston engine and powered the famous Jeep CJ in the CJ-5. The "F" comes from having one set of valves in the block, like a flat (or "L") head, and one set in the head, like a modern OHV engine. The reason Willys did this was because they started from an existing L-head block and modified it to put the intake valves in a new, much taller head. This created a very compact combustion chamber and a higher compression ratio, boosting power.

I am nterested in a side by side, Polaris Ranger, Rhino, Prowler, UTV, trailer, travel trailer, camper etc.. For sale or trade. Let me know what you have, or just make an offer. Thanks

post-3214-0-77878400-1345167422_thumb.jpg

post-3214-0-65898800-1345167477_thumb.jpg

post-3214-0-20794600-1345167680_thumb.jpg

post-3214-0-69143600-1345167733_thumb.jpg

When I saw "Willys", I was expecting something totally different - that thing is freakin' awesome. Is that tan paint or Durabak? I'm not really in the market but love jeeps. What kind of cash price would you be looking at?

I can't remember exactly, but I thinks it is desert tan camo. The gentlemen that painted it sealed it somehow, so it has a rough texture and does not fade. You cant wax it, it is like a primer or powder coat finish. Show me the cash, and we will see what happens. :rolleyes: I can be a little negotiable. Make an offer. Thanks

Wish I could snatch it up - just too many other "priorities" right now. I have no doubt it won't be for sale very long.

Id really like to know what neighborhood you are putting its value at? Id like to make an offer, but as your wanting UTV's that run $8000-$10000 or so, I dont want to embarrass myself or upset you...

mvgreene, its yours ! :lol: Not !!! Lol. I think that at a minimum it is worth $ 4500- $ 6500. What I really would like to do is trade it for a nice trailer for my old man. Its hard for him to get up into my my cabover camper because of knee and back issues. I want to make sure his last hunting years are enjoyable. I really did not want to sell it, but he is more important to me . So here it is, for sale or trade. Good luck this season and God Bless You all. Thanks guys.

Still for sale or trade. Thanks

If someone picks this up for $4500, they're getting a steal, at least from what I can see in the pix. CJ-7s from the 80s are going around 7-8K in pretty poor shape. Older willy's get 5-6K in need of LOTS of work. The good ones go for a lot more. This one looks to be in great condition, a lot of money already invested.

Bump for a really nice jeep - I think 5K to $5500 would be a fair offer.

I wish I could buy it, but I've got too many expenses right now as I'm remodeling my house. Don't get low-balled. Hold out for 5K at least.

• Like 1

If someone picks this up for $4500, they're getting a steal, at least from what I can see in the pix. CJ-7s from the 80s are going around 7-8K in pretty poor shape. Older willy's get 5-6K in need of LOTS of work. The good ones go for a lot more. This one looks to be in great condition, a lot of money already invested.

Bump for a really nice jeep - I think 5K to $5500 would be a fair offer.

I wish I could buy it, but I've got too many expenses right now as I'm remodeling my house. Don't get low-balled. Hold out for 5K at least.

This is a CJ 5, and in great shape. Everything you stated is correct, and greatly appreciated. Thanks Coach !

I have had tons offers from: tractors, rv's, flat bed trailers etc... the highest bid currently is $ 4,000. Any offers or trades above that ? I am very motivated to move this jeep , Especially after my last conversation with my Dad about our elk hunt, he wants to know of any hotels in our area !! :angry: I do not want to stay in any hotel !!! I need to get him a travel trailer, so that he is comfortable and able to get in and out with out too much trouble asap. This might be one of his last hunts, his body isnt what it use to be. :( Thanks again guys.

Still for sale or trade. The $ 4,000 guy showed up to pick it up and started trying to low ball me, after we had agreed on the price. I set him down the road. Oh well, it's still available. Thanks.