Sign in to follow this  
rschaumb

Turkey in the rain

I was out yesterday and it started raining on me and I was trying to find a spot to hide from the rain and ran into this guy.

[media=]

[/media]

good thing you got video of it! Very Cool.

I sat down on a log after a long hike a few years back and looked over and a fox was laying under the log also. He got up and started to leave after he saw me but then just came back and layed right down again. not more than 5 feet away. We just sat there resting together til I got up to continue my hike. I think it is cool when encounters like this happen. Unfortunately for that turkey I think it was indeed its last day on earth.

• Like 1

I really don't know about if it was sick or not. I've never seen turkey in the rain before but it looked like he was just trying to stay out of the rain. It was raining pretty hard and noisy and the ground was soft so he didn't know I was there. But who knows. I just can't believe I was able to touch him.

Well looks like you all know more about turkey's than I do (which isn't much). Seeing how so many were saying it looked sick I went back and sure enough he was lying dead in the same spot I left him. I think it died very soon after I left it. Wonder if it was old age or sickness.

If that was my last day on Earth I'd want some company :lol:

• Like 1

God Bless, the turkey. Just look what a great video he left with us. He brought joy to others.

• Like 4

That was really cool. Good for that turkey. And good for you!

+ 1! Incredible video! No matter what, you can say you snuck up on and touched a wild turkey. Sure, maybe it was geriatric or maybe infirm, who knows? But still, it’s a true statement. I certainly can't say that. Well done.

I guess that turkey doesnt know how to play the game......or....is rthat you cheated and didnt say "GOOSE" loud enough for the turkey to hear? :) Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone think you should contact G and F to make sure that there isnt anything bad going around with turkeys....arrows will be flying at them in two day.