Sign in to follow this  
Rifle2Bow

Best place to hunt in Unit 22 or 23? Give suggestions.

My dad and I have been going hunting for as long as I can remember, TX, NM, CO. This is our first time with a bow and the first time in AZ and I keep reading that 22 and 23 are some of the better places. We are thirsting for some deer and as soon as we found out about over the counter archery starting this week we were really excited (remember we're rifle hunters) . Please give me some feedback as I will probably go out this weekend and sight with a return trip the following weekend with my dad.

Ya I watched all the deer single file walk onto the rez from 23

All jokes aside both hold good numbers and big bucks shouldnt have any trouble.finding the check the game and fish website they have good info on both units

• Like 1

Welcome to the site. The area just below the Magellan Rim north of Young will give you the opportunity to arrow a Coues or Mule Deer since they are both in there along with Turkey, Elk and Bear. It wouldn't hurt to have a lion tag in your pocket either.

Welcome to the site. The area just below the Magellan Rim north of Young will give you the opportunity to arrow a Coues or Mule Deer since they are both in there along with Turkey, Elk and Bear. It wouldn't hurt to have a lion tag in your pocket either.

Bah HaHaHa... that is awesome!!

Where is this "Magellan Rim" you speak of? Sounds like a great spot

Where is this "Magellan Rim" you speak of? Sounds like a great spot

It takes a Magellan GPS to find it.

Unit 22 burned up and all the animals ran into unit 23....so that's the best unit now. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Keep going to 24B, too many people from the valley hunt 22 and 23.

ya idk about 23 with that fire that started a couple weeks ago..

Id check 22

Try Pete's Place near Star Valley.

but i agree might find some nice racks in that area :wacko:

ya idk about 23 with that fire that started a couple weeks ago..

Id check 22

Try Pete's Place near Star Valley.

but i agree might find some nice racks in that area :wacko:

Thats a techinical foul