Sign in to follow this  
KDL

Double on opening morning

Well it all started when i got a phone call from a good friend of mine TylerD . He asked what i was going to go out for opening day deer or bear well two days before opening day it rained and my plan was to sit water for deer had 3 nice bucks coming in to a tank pretty reguler so wensday i went and checked my trail cam and nothing had been coming in for two days so i called him back and said im game lets go bear hunting i asked him were you think would be a good spot to go scout before friday he told me a couple places to check so Thursday morning i got to the glassing spot and 10 min into glassing i spotted a bear i was pumped i gave him a call and told him the good news. So that night we made a game plan for Friday morning to be in there well before sun up so we would have plenty of time to get setup well friday morning we got in there and for the first hour and a half we couldnt pick up nothing so tyler told me about a saddle we could hike up to to get alot closer to were i seen the bear the day before so lets back track to the night before my father inlaw told me to take my varmint calls and try to call one in. So we decided to take my calls up to the saddle we get set up to try to call a bear in and sure enough about 10 min into the calling tyler spots this bear coming in from aways out there well about 20 more min into calling the bear had moved into shooting distance and i pulled the trigger tyler said you justed smoked you a bear!!! So here we are jumping up and down huetin and ahowlerin and the bear is down we give it 10 min and we headed up to take a look at my bear well i hear tyler say kyle theres another one i thought he was full of it but sure enough about 450 yards there it was it came up from a completely different direction so tyler closes his distance to about 300 yards and lets it have it we couldn't believe what just happend two bears before 9:00 on opening morning and called in both it was the most exciting hunt i had ever been on. It was both of our first bear!

post-4745-0-22276600-1346162690_thumb.jpg

post-4745-0-71846600-1346162751_thumb.jpg

post-4745-0-08984700-1346162802_thumb.jpg

Great story! Congrats on your two bears, Looks like alot of fun! Thanks for sharing.

Nice work! I can't even find a bear and you guys put 2 down at once. Great job.

Great job guys. Boars or sow?

Great job guys. Boars or sow?

I second that motion....boars or sows? And...great job on the call. Next time keep calling them until you can see the whites of their eyes and then pull the trigger!

Been awhile since I've been in the woods with Tyler...he's had a knack at killing critters for a long time. Congrats on a rare feat and Tyler if you are on here look me up.