Sign in to follow this  
az300wby

Who's getting excited about Sept?

It just hit me last weekend. I got the ELK RUT FEVER! Feed looks great, water is plentiful, and the bulls are rubbed out and looking for ladies. Elk are looking healthy in my unit and horn growth is looking good. I think this is going to be a great rut year, maybe one to remember. Good lucky to all those that have an elk tag this sept. Its getting harder to stay focused at work.

• Like 2

+1

Trouble focusing on just about everything since my scouting trip 2 weeks ago...even archery deer and doves are more of a distraction than anything else. Here's to an epic rut! :D

I'm just dying here. I can only get one week and my son can't get away until the second week of the hunt. Hopefully the bulls will be rutting like crazy by then.

Oh ya can't wait. Saw nine bulls last weekend all hard horned but just one bugle right before dark which is fine with me. Also not hunting till second week or I guess it's last week and a half. Good luck to everyone!

I have been just about worthless at work for the last two weeks and my brother has the tags. Its going to be a long september for us hunting antelope and the archery bull tag all in the same unit. Seen some resptectable bulls running with cows the last couple weeks already and a few bugles here and there. Heading up tomorrow for another look back monday then back up again wednesday night before the lope tag starts. Good luck to everyone with a tag in there pocket. Hoping for an excellent rut this year but either way its gonna be a blast because of course its the best time of year IMO.