Alpinebullwinkle

Early Rut ?

Been seeing good bulls with cows the last week or so, heard first bugles this morning. Water and grass everywhere! Going to be fun!

You guys are getting me excited for this year's hunt! I hope it is an early rut, or at least a good rut this year. I personally feel the intensity of the rut is dependent upon many things, but I think probably the number one factor is moisture. It seems like a good year for water and feed, so I'm hoping/expecting the rut to be a good one this year!

Ron

Just got back from 27, saw about 25 bulls Saturday night, all of them were screaming and the smaller ones were fighting. The big bulls didn't come down until almost dark but wanted to so bad! They'd just sit on the ridge and scream! There wasn't a road we drove where we didn't hear bugles. They aren't coming into a call yet, but they're getting ready to!

• Like 1

This weekend in 5a saw a 6x6 with 6 cows. 4 rag horns together and a beast by himself. They would start to bugle at 5 pm through the night and stop 30 minutes after sun came up. Wernt going crazy but deff talkin.

I was in 27 this weekend and there is a lot of bugling going on. However, the bigger bulls are still running solo. Maybe next week it will be "game time"

the bigger bulls we saw this weekend were still running solo. heard one bull bugling on and off from about 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm Sunday afternoon.

Took a remote trip past Hannigans today. When I left after 11:00 AM the bulls were still bugling and begging for their cows. Never seen what I am seeing daily this early.

Alpinebullwinkle,

I thought you were going to be in Unit 1 this year? You aren't doing some trickery are you? I haven't seen a bull with a cow yet in 27. Still in bachelor groups like usual. Might be a little early, but not like your advertising.

hannigan meadow is right by the fire right? wonder if that is why or?

as far as the north part of 6a, ill be heading up again for a few days this week. I will update what I see. I can hardly stand the wait til next Friday. I feel like I'm 6 again waiting for Santa to come ..lol

• Like 1