bigorange

Elk processor in Alpine/Springerville area

Looking for info on processors in the Alpine/Springerville area. I searched the forum and only found this entertaining thread, but not sure if any of the processors with phone numbers are in this area or further east...probably closer to Show Low or Heber based on the subject.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/34604-use-of-a-freezer-in-sept-show-lowheber-area/

Google search shows Rusty's and Singletree in Springerville. Anyone used either of these processors and have any recommendations?

Thanks and good luck to all with tags this year...hoping for a good rut hunt this year and a couple of cows on the ground in our camp! :D

There is a proccessor in Alpine next to sportsman's lodge big sign on the fence. Been in business as long as i could remember. Never was able to use him though and dont have a number either ... and i have a bad memory cant remember the name.

Rustys is good. They packaged mine and my wifes bulls. Our meat turned out great. Dont forget to add pork fat to your hamburger. They wont just do it or even ask. I will say they packaged my buddys bull and the vaccum bags didnt seal. He ended up getting a lot of freezer burned meat. You could catch that when you pick it up as long as your looking for it.

Last year i took my antelope and bull elk to Porter Mountain in Show Low!i killed my bull off the 403 road an hauled butt to Porter Mountain!! killed my antelope in unit 2c up by Concho! it kepted all the way to Show Low!! the lady does a very wonderful job and the guy skins it out for you no extra charge!! i like the way if you ask them to hang it for 3weeks they will! it makes the meet more tender and taste better! and the way they wrap it! plactic first then paper it last for a long time! and you get alot more meet back then other places give you back!! hope that helps you out!! and good luck!!

• Like 1

I used Rusty's in Springerville to skin and hang my last elk until my son-in-law could drive up from Tucson to pick it up. Had no problems. Rusty is an avid hunter, and interesting to talk with.

Bill Quimby

I have used Rusty's and had no problems and been happy with his work. Heard of one other hunter that claims he ended up with someone elses bull but I can't verify that and not sure he could either.

Last year i took my antelope and bull elk to Porter Mountain in Show Low!i killed my bull off the 403 road an hauled butt to Porter Mountain!! killed my antelope in unit 2c up by Concho! it kepted all the way to Show Low!! the lady does a very wonderful job and the guy skins it out for you no extra charge!! i like the way if you ask them to hang it for 3weeks they will! it makes the meet more tender and taste better! and the way they wrap it! plactic first then paper it last for a long time! and you get alot more meet back then other places give you back!! hope that helps you out!! and good luck!!

ueed these guys many times and very pleased with there work. Hands down use them