Sign in to follow this  
loco4coues

Successful Scouting Trip

We went out on Monday morning to scout out a new area for the youth hunt. My son Tanner and my niece Bailee both drew tags and this will be their first hunt. They are excited, as my brother and I.

Sunrise. We got to a good spot just as the sun was rising.

post-2355-0-52300100-1346794396_thumb.jpg

We got settled in and got to look over some great country.

post-2355-0-47169800-1346794730_thumb.jpg

Tanner doing some glassing.

post-2355-0-98354600-1346794857_thumb.jpg

Bailee using her dad's binos to check out some deer shaped rocks.

post-2355-0-11930800-1346794920_thumb.jpg

When I we first sat down and unloaded our gear to start glassing I realized I had forgot my tripod! I was so mad at myself. I still managed to glass up 3 little bucks. Can you see them?

post-2355-0-36689200-1346794998_thumb.jpg

My dad found this shed while we were up there too. We think its from a younger buck with good genes or an older buck in decline. What do you guys think?

post-2355-0-46496300-1346795128_thumb.jpg

NICE PICS!

Kids look like they've got it down....

not sure about the shed, I might lean toward and older buck. even so a nice find!

good luck on the hunt!

James

Man that shed looks AWESOME! In my opinion, that looks like a young buck because of the lack of mass, and I think that older bucks usually have some character and more mass but I'm probably wrong... Wouldn't be the first time!

Looks like a good time! Cool to see the kids glassing! My nephew doesn't really like glassing much..............he prefers to wait until I find them and then point them out to him!

very cool to see the kids in on the action. Nice shed I will say young buck cause of lack of mass.

What a great lookin shed none the less... I think its awesome to see the kids behind the binos

Went back out to where we are going to hunt for the junior hunt and glassed up a couple mule deer bucks. Here is the better of the two:

post-2355-0-22727500-1349159135.jpg

Thanks guys! I am more excited for my boys' first hunt than for mine later in the month. I hope everything comes together for us. Good luck to everyone with tags.