Sign in to follow this  
huntjunkie

Colorado Bear

Upon returning to retrieve my elk meat I found this bear eating the gut pile. I was looking at my GPS trying to locate my elk. The forest was so thick that I nearly walked right to him(guess my GPS works!! lol ). I first saw him at 30 yrds. WHOA, a bear!! I dropped my pack, grabbed my iPhone snuck in a little closer and recorded this.... This is the second bear in 2 months I've had at 20ish feet. The other video:" How close would you let it get?"

[media=]

[/media]

Awesome, I bet they do not like it too much when you creep up nearby while they are eating...they might get a little upset if they think you are coming to eat their gut pile too :-)

ok now picture him running at you!!! and that wasn't even a fast escape, that was kinda casual.. no way would i wanna be that close especially with blood on his lips!!! :( i put a bullet in a bear once and watched him run faster on 2 legs than i could ever even dream of running, oh and he was dragging back half... i took a second shot and i think it hit 20 feet behind him.. bears be fast and somewhat unpredictable.. glad it was fun but more glad were not watching this video on the news as last moments captured. :huh:

Cool video although I'm sure it was not that cool for your with the bear looking for more meat and a taste of blood in his mouth! Is that a note on the tree and the elk head on the log?

ok now picture him running at you!!! and that wasn't even a fast escape, that was kinda casual.. no way would i wanna be that close especially with blood on his lips!!! :( i put a bullet in a bear once and watched him run faster on 2 legs than i could ever even dream of running, oh and he was dragging back half... i took a second shot and i think it hit 20 feet behind him.. bears be fast and somewhat unpredictable.. glad it was fun but more glad were not watching this video on the news as last moments captured. :huh:

Yes, bears can be unpredictable. People are way to scared of bears! Definitely be careful! You have to read the situation. Their not the man eating beast we think they are. BTW, what you don't see right below the screen is my 45 with 14 rounds ready to rock and roll.

Cool video although I'm sure it was not that cool for your with the bear looking for more meat and a taste of blood in his mouth! Is that a note on the tree and the elk head on the log?

Yes, thats my elk head by the log. The 4 quarters are about a 100 yards away hanging, untouched.

The TP on the tree was to help me locate my elk. It was so thick in there that I had trouble finding it every time I went back.

very neat experience. Good thing he took off once he knew you were there

I also wonder things like this...if he was actually watching you gut an animal out and waited for you to leave......i hate that feeling.

Stan, you crack me up brother! I laughed so hard at that video. Glad you could have such a nice conversation with the bear. You are one gutsy fella, that's for shizzle!