Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

MY HOME BURGLARIZED

I'm sorry to hear this Bill. I hope you had a list of serial numbers and provided it to law enforcement. Good luck with your recovery efforts and prosecution of the thieves.

Yes good luck with the court sys. I was robbed over ten years ago. They caught the leader and she spent a couple years in jail and was ordered to pay restitution. Guess what, I am not holding my breath. Another one of the robbers was in jail but let go. They lost the evidence. A third robber is still loose. Probably all are still out doing there thing.

So sorry you and your family have to go through this. Hoping officials find your property and justice is served!

+ 1 Sr. Bill. I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Ernesto C

So sorry to hear this Bill. I really hope you get your collection back, and the thieves get what's coming to them.

I'll keep my eyes open.

I don't you Bill, but have read many of your posts. I am sorry to hear this. I will keep my eyes open.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear this. Thieves suck so bad, and deserve a lot more then a slap on the hand.

I'm so sorry this happened,I know it really sucks it happened to me last year. I hope they get the sob's !!!!

So sorry Bill,I'm at a loss for words.

A few things need to be passed on to everyone here. First, your regular homeowners insurance only covers a limited dollar amount for firearms. My homeowners policy only covers up to $1,000, for example. Knowing this, I took out a special rider on my guns about a dozen years ago.

Second, you need to keep updating that rider. I acquired a few more guns and the prices of the guns I already owned kept rising. I haven't researched today's value of what they took yet, but it appears the amount exceeds my rider by $4,000 or more.

Bill Quimby

So Sorry Bill. I felt sick to my stomach reading the first part. Even more sick hearing that the insurance isn't going to cover the value. The worst part is the violation of privacy and the memories/stories that each gun held. Those are priceless and cannot be replaced. Good Luck and thanks for the warning on the insurance. I will be calling my agent today.

A few things need to be passed on to everyone here. First, your regular homeowners insurance only covers a limited dollar amount for firearms. My homeowners policy only covers up to $1,000, for example. Knowing this, I took out a special rider on my guns about a dozen years ago.

Second, you need to keep updating that rider. I acquired a few more guns and the prices of the guns I already owned kept rising. I haven't researched today's value of what they took yet, but it appears the amount exceeds my rider by $4,000 or more.

Bill Quimby

In addition to the additional home owners coverage I carry through a rider I also signed up as a member of the NRA for their insurance.

http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/ArmsCarePlus.htm

There is a facebook page for Gila Valley Firearms where guns are bought and sold mostly locally but I will keep me eyes open and hope something may show up. Really a bad deal sorry for your loss.