Sign in to follow this  
carlrkelley

Unit 1 Flat top hunt

Does anyone have any information on the Unit 1 Flat top area? My hunt starts the end of September. I have made calls into the wildlife managers for that area and am not getting any return calls. My concerns are that I was reading in the regs where is says that this unit has very limited access and only accessible by hiking or packing in. Also, I'm having difficulty getting the precise boundries. The regs shows FR 74 for the south boundry, but I only find SR 76 on the habimap. I know there is a lot of private land, but unless I have ATV access to public land, I may have pass on this trip. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is your hunt exclusivly in the Flat top are of unit 1? I have hunted Unit 1 for years but have never hit the flat top area. I took this guy last year a bit east of Flat top.

post-6408-0-00056600-1347328133_thumb.jpg

I had that hunt last year in August. It is tough at best. I never even saw a cow, only a bull. I would be happy to share with you what I learned. PM me if interested.

You can walk in from the Saffel Trail Head or there is a hiking trail head above the lumber mill or you can hike in from the trail head on the east side off the highway going to Nutrioso.