Sign in to follow this  
Condor

My Colorado Mule Deer

Just got back from Colorado hunting with my muzzleloader. Got within 150 the first two days, but couldn't get a shot off. On the third day he made a mistake and let me get within 50 yards. The deer only ran 250 yards before he died, but those powerbelts didn't leave a good blood trail. I don't think I would have found it if Joe didn't come and help me find it. That guy can track!!!! Got a turkey during the middle of the day when the deer hunting was slow. Also found 9 sheds on the trip. Special thanks to Joe Keys of Keys Outfitting. He has several private land leases and does unguided hunts and will put you in areas that have tons of deer, if you want a guided hunt he is very affordable too. http://www.canyonguide.com/

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Condor

congrats on a great buck and turkey. My son and I watched a friend of mine shoot a desert mulie last year with a powerbelt at 75yds with TC encore and it didnt even penetrate him. The Buck just limped and we watched him till dark with sworoviski spotting scope and 15s at maybe 400yds and there wasnt even anyblood on him, needless to say he never found him after looking for him for about 4 days. Hes not a fan of powerbelts anymore.

Congratulations on both your deer and turkey. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Sweet buck! Now you have me nervous about power belt bullets. I just got my smoke pole dialed in for a Oct. hunt in NM. With any luck I will post pics of a buck with a hole through him and a tag on his horns! Good job.

Congrats on the success man.