Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

new forest creature

Catch hit they are expensive birds!

Great story!

we tried twice. it was hysterical! he would go into the bed to crack open water bottle lids to drink. husband 1st tried throwing a blanket over it. then we try a tarp with both of us running it over the bed rails. he now found an escape hole one side. oh well. I'm only taking him if he wants to live in a cage. he will tell me this my landing on my arm. haha

hunt is very good. I'm loving it! cv. they are bugling sporadically. I missed a decent 6x. turns out I tweaked my rest in a fall the day before when a downed aspen tripped me! but I didn't know that til the following day. i drew back 3 times on a spike at 20 yds. I decided not yet though.

i've been in some absolutely awesome bugling shows right in the thick of multiple bulls doing their best to intimidate each other but for one reason or another haven't quite made it happen.

just finished our five loads of laundry at the local laundry mat, gonna see if my friendly bird is at camp and maybe sit water tonight. its getting hot and i had a little action on water last night plus my body is tired and needs a little rest.

• Like 1

that's funny!

my dad always said you can catch a duck by putting salt on it's tail... might work... :P LOL!

Thanks for the update......

Good luck!

I hope you guys get to lay the smack down!

James

Naturegirl. I have a have-a-heart trap and a cage I can run down to you if you want to try and catch him. I'm in Flagstaff, so no big deal. That poor guy won't make it through the winter, I'm surprised a hawk hasn't got him yet.

lucky2hunt

PM sent

thx for the offer to help :0)

only me I swear would get caught up with an escaped cockatoo while elk hunting ...lol

HUNT UPDATE - Good news-hubby got a 4x5 last night! im thrilled its been a long time since we've had elk meat!

• Like 1

When it's crest was up was there a hint of yellow on the interior white feathers?

EBB

HUNT UPDATE - Good news-hubby got a 4x5 last night! im thrilled its been a long time since we've had elk meat!

Great news!!! Can't wait to see pics. Now he can focus on catching the feathery rascal.

I was talking to that bird once and asked him what he thought about the saying " it taste like chiken". He said he did not believe it. He said a parrot taste like Javalina. Go figure even birds think Javalina taste bad.

• Like 2

lol

The bird does look healthy ... probably eating all the junk food people leave out.

Now this is a first! But very cool! You just never know who or what you might run in to. Makes life interesting. It's been a few more days now. Did you get the bird?

Congrats on the elk.