couesntime

Unit 16 NM deer?

Im just curious if any of those lucky elk hunters in the gila are seeing mule deer? NE part? Im not looking for spots to hunt, just general information. My ol' man and I go the same spot and have a good time. We tag out every 3rd tag or so! Ha Ha. I got a muzzy hunt at the end of Oct. Thanks.

I've seen some good bucks durning the elk hunt in yrs past. Drew that tag the last 2 years didn't see squat!!! palivs2hnt loves that hunt!!

I am currently on the 16B elk hunt(I came into town to take care of somethings) but yeah I have been seeing a ton of deer this year... More than usual

Thanks for the info. It is always nice to hear the deer are moving around. I have seen a slight increase to the mule deer population over the past few years. Im not sure what was going on, but it seemed like the deer were wiped out 3-7 years ago. Taling with local ranchers... They tell me it is the wolves. Im not to sure that a hand full of "reported" wolves could do that much damage. Hopefully I can post a mulie from NM. Thanks again.