Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk

Vortex doubler???

Anyone tried them ??? I have 15xhd vipers and was thinking about giving it a try. For 170 a pop maybe even 2x of them and glass with 30x?

Oddly enough I also have Viper HD 15x50 glass that I use and have been wondering the same thing the last few days. I've been looking around the internet and came across a good review from a person who is supposedly an optical engineer of some sort named KoshKin. I googled Vortex Doubler review and looked at the opticstalk link. He reviews it on the razors and the Non-HD viper 8.5's but did have favorable reviews of it. I wish I had some sort of enlightening experience to add to this from first hand knowledge but I can't. I do plan however on purchasing the doubler sortly and hopefully will be able to chime in on a review using the 15 HD model vipers. If anything I gave ya a bump. Hope I was of somewhat help.

Just something to keep in mind, many people tried the two doublers with their swaros and were unsuccessful

I have herd of that. The only difference is swaro 2x screw on as the vortex is slip on over eye cup. Swaros have to take eyecup off I believe and only one side is capable

I have the swaro doubler. You unscrew the eyecup and screw on the doubler. This can be done on either side. This set-up works great on the 15x swaros for an easy 30x look at a deer without the added weight of the spotter.

The doubler is meant to work on the 10X or 15X swaro's. Doubler works great and is easy to put on and take off. Just a few seconds. Just used it scouting last week. Good luck.

A guy I work with told me they do not work on the 15's?????

The Vortex Double was the one I heard didn't work? Can anyone confirm it does?

Try searching around on opticstalk.com

I hope I'm not out of line in recommending someone go to a different forum :o. But those guys know their optics as well as folks around here know Coues. Just remember to come back to us when you're done. ;)