Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

3D Printing....have you seen this technology?

Holy smokes, I had no idea about this, but this morning I saw an article about a company wanting to 3d print guns and the issue of not having a gun manufacturing license....I thought come on, who needs a license to "print" a gun....well, apparently 3D printing isn't printing in a conventional sense, it's really manufacturing using the concept of an inkjet printer. Wow, this stuff is cool. You can print almost anything....tools, parts, and much more (like that motorcycle shown below!). This will cut costs dramatically to companies trying to create new objects. They are even talking about "printing" drugs so that you might some day have a printer at home that you just buy the "ink" that contains the drug and you "print" it at home.

some videos:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-17744314

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

That is just crazy. Never even heard of this before. Think of all the uses and/or implications

I'm going to print me a 140" buck. I hope they have ink for HP Deskjet.

+1.... and a Gov. tag as well

Yep, it's pretty amazing. I work the construction industry managing 3D design and construction and we've seen these type of printers and they can be used to mock up full size products....it's pretty awesome the things you can do with technology.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Swarovski makes a printer cartridge so I can start printing Swarovski 20-60x80 Spotting scope and the Kowa Highlanders:)

Adam

Guest 300ultramag.

they have been using this technology to print human organs as well.... live kidney etc.

• Like 1