Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

380+ Monster AZ Elk Video-HandleBar J Bull

We (Colburn and Scott Outfitters) found a great bull in a remote area while scouting for this upcoming Arizona archery elk season. Darr nicknamed him HandleBar J. He has two non-typical points that kick off of the mainbeam. What does this bulls mainframe score plus the extra points? 838693349566457000-6449506735276352256?l=jayscottoutdoors.blogspot.com

View the full article

Jaybird, hey bud, i killed this bulls brother this year with my bow. I think the bull in your video has a mid to high 350s frame with each kicker he has being around 12 inches in length for a dandy grand total of 382. i love the character of that bull you have there on video. My bull is almost an exact copy of that bull, and with a 362 frame and his two kickers both being over 14 inches , he goes 389 gross with 3 inches broken off. Thanks for posting such a cool bull and keep up the good work bud. do you have any more video of this bull to post , i would love to see it? We nicknamed my bull "captain hook" for obvious reasons. Can you imagine having video of captain hook fighting handlebar J!!!

This is my buddy jay's post and i wasnt trying to high jack it. Just wanted to second how cool that bull is he posted. Besides i dont post pics usually of anything me or my family harvests. Sorry luvcoues.

Magnet- we were thinking same thing low mid 60' frame with 28-30 inches of extras. He looked a little wider than the 40. So I think 385+ISH. He has a huge body. Points are short and kind of look a little droughty. Lots of video coming in the following days. Yours is a pig! CONGRATS!

After watching the video 25 times i agree he's at least 385, and maybe more. The only thing that hurts him is his 1sts seem a little short, but he makes up for those with his 3rds. In my opinion bulls with genes like this seem to have shorter points on every year with heavy mass measurements. I saw a picture of the identical bull killed in 2010 on another site from the white mountain area. This bull is identical to mine and that bull in your video, and it goes 394 gross cause he has about a 5 inch cheater coming of his 5th point on the right, and that's the only diff. How much mass do you think that bull has in your video, mine had a little over 31 inches a side. Jay you know my email , send me a preview video of that giant you filmed there.

magnet, i wasnt being negative i just like looking at big bulls.

No big deal dude , i would have asked myself. Keep the videos coming jay.

Sign in to follow this