Sign in to follow this  
creed

any idea what it is worth?

I may be selling this stuff.....maybe.

Due to a number of reasons I am left with the chore of cleaning up what is left of my family's hunting stuff. I have become a bowhunter and haven't rifle hunted in nearly 15 years so I am out of the loop as to what this stuff is worth, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me an idea of what it is worth. All opened containers are estimates of what is in them. There is just too much to sit and measure/count out.

Powder.....7 unopened cans of IMR 4350, 1/2 lb of R19, 3/4 pound of 4064. 650 Winchester Large Rifle Primers, 175 Winchester Magnum Primers, 520 CCI magnum Primers, 200 Federal 209 shotshell primers.

Reloading dies.....these have the decapping pin broken off......22/250, Herters .243, 30/30.....part of this one is missing. These dies appear to be intact.......RCBS 30-06 SB, 30-06 FL, .243, 270 WIn, 7mm Rem. Mag.

I also have a set of .257 Improved dies and straight line seater but I may keep them unless I decide to sell the rifle they go with. #2 and 3 shellholder, case de- burring tool, 3 low end scopes......Weaver K4, Tasco and Redfield 3x9.

I have a Pacific DL-155 shotshell reloader with various bushings and attachments, an RCBS Rockchucker Press (I think?) with automatic primer feeder and powder measure.

.284 bullets...these are partial boxes and estimates of what is in them. 1x 150gr Sierra spitzer, 50% full. 1x Nosler Ballistic tip 120 gr, 40% full. 1x Nosler Partition 140 gr, 50%. 3x unopened 140 gr Sierra SBT.

.270......2x new 140 gr Sierra SBT, 1x 130 gr Sierra SBT. 1x Barnes X Bullets, 120 grain 60% full. 1x Sierra 130 grain SBT 60%

6mm...... 1x Nosler 55 grain, 75%. 2x Sierra 100 grain SBT 75%. 1x Sierra 100 gr SBT, 50%.

.25.....Speer Hot Cor 75 gr, 60%, Nosler 90 gr. solid base, 60%

.30 caliber..... 1 unopened box of Sierra 150 gr. spitzer and a partial of 30 more.

There is a reloading bench that this stuff was kept in. It has both reloading presses mounted to it and lots of storage. It is an old biology class lab table and weighs a ton but makes a great reloading bench. Also several older reloading manuals from Hornady, Barnes, Nosler and Sierra and an old shotgun reloading manual.

I have a .45 caliber traditions blackpowder pistol in decent shape and a Remington 700 MZ that I loaned to a friend for an elk hunt. He told me he cleaned it and did a piss poor job of it. The barrel is pitted some but most people have told me that it is not bad enough to affect accuracy.

There is other stuff such as a 700BDL stainless barrel .257 Improved with the 28 degree shoulder. The stock is dinged up pretty good in a spot or two and it needs a good cleaning but the barrel is floated and the action bedded. There are a couple of older rifles and shotguns that I am still trying to decide what to do with them.

If I decide to sell this stuff, with the exception of the guns I want to sell it as a lot. I don't have time to fool around with piece selling it. Any thoughts of what I could get for it?

Hey Bruce. I might be interested in the .284 bullets if you decide to sell and split stuff up. I'm in no rush so its up to you. Let me know.

Your going to have a rwally hard time getting what it's all worth selling it as a lot. You will get more money if you piece it out.

How much do you want for the guns?

Adam

I know that I could get more piecing it out but I am not sure I want to fool with doing that. I am cleaning the place up and have a lot going on. There is more stuff that i didn't mention like empty brass. I had hoped to get an idea of what it may be worth but if I have to go to piecing it out and pricing it individually that is going to take more time. Thanks for the replies.

Sorry I cannot be of help with pricing it all together, but if you decide you would like to sell it separately in the future I would be interested in purchasing the following:

• IMR 4350
  • WLR Primers
  • CCI Primers
  • Redfield Scope (Maybe, I would have to find out more about it)
  • All .270 bullets
  • All .30 cal bullets.

Good luck with the sale!

Caleb

I have started looking up prices on the web. It is going to take me a few days to get it all done. The problem I have with piecing it out is that the more popular stuff will go quickly and I will be left with a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that will eventually end up in the dumpster.. I need to get all of it out of here due to the house and property being up for sale.

Having said that I may have to sell it seperately but don't really want to. I have a couple of guys interested in it as a lot but I need to get some value to it. I will probably sell the firearms seperately should I decide not to keep them.

I have priced this stuff out by comparing it to comparable items on other classified sites. There is more than I have listed here but a conservative estimate is around $625 including the bench.

I am going to let the 700MZ go for $100. The bolt is corroded and should probably be upgraded to 209 primers. The corrosion is my fault for not taking it apart and cleaning it after a friend used it. I took his word that it was clean and it has been in storage for several years. With a bit of cleaning it would probably be ok though.

I have a .44 caliber black powder pistol and holster. It is in good shape. I will let it go for $150.

If anyone is interested pm me. I may consider offers on some of this stuff and may eventually be piecing it out if it doesn't move in the next couple of weeks but I am not there yet.

I'll try to get some pics of the reloading stuff up in a day or two.

post-3211-0-05653700-1350406462_thumb.jpg