Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter4life

Jared 2012

Sometimes, you just have to be lucky! Today was one of them, with Jared’s Varsity football game on Friday night and his and my daughter’s home coming dance on Saturday, plus an after party an my house for the Juniors. We left at about 11:30 pm to arrive in Skull Valley this morning at 2:15 am. With just a few hours asleep. Jared woke me as the sky had a tint of grey. We hurried up the mountain as we could start to see across the canyon. About 10 minutes of glassing found me looking at this buck about 450 yards away. After sneaky to about 300 yards he feed out of site. We made it another 100 yards to see him about 10 yards from going over the rise. With a quick yell, I set the tri-pod and Jared laid the 30-06 upon it, I hear, I got him and as I look through my bino’s BOOM and see the buck fall! WOW!

Mike

post-519-0-10380000-1350262099_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats, the smile says it all!!!!

My moto in hunting is that any given day I will take 90% luck and 10% skill!

Way to go dad and tell Jared congrats. It is nice to have hunts come together like this, it keeps you coming back!

Congratulations to Jared and you as well Dad for getting him out there! Sounds like you made the most of your time with a very busy schedule.