Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Beware of imitation Jim White heads sold on Craigs list and Ebay

Jim White just called me and asked me to post a warning to everyone that it has come to his attention that there are a handful of inferior Jim White heads being sold as "brand new" for $200 on places like Craig's list and Ebay. A couple people have called Jim and let them know they bought these heads and found that they were "not right". They squeak and aren't lubricated properly and the plates don't slide in and out properly. Bascially Jim says a guy working at the manufacturing plant took enough components for about 8 tripod heads and then he put them together. however, he didn't put them together the same way Jim does. Jim told me he literally puts together each head from the parts and fine tunes and lubricates them so that they are high quality.

Anyway, be very wary of purchasing any head being promoted as brand new and discounted. And Jim would like to hear from anyone who happens to fall prey to this scam. I think so far he knows of 3 of the 8 heads, which means there are 5 more out there.

and fyi, all Jim White heads that I sell on CouesWhitetail.com come directly from Jim White and are his regular high quality product. This warning only applies to buying them online from non-authorized sources claiming they have brand new JW heads.

Wow crazy...I hope this guy (who took these from the plant) gets disciplined.

That is terrible. I know Jim and he is a real stand up man!! He would never let something inferior go out of his shop. Glad this came out. Thanks for the warning.