Sign in to follow this  
ProSlayer

Drop tine bucks.

Those are pretty cool bucks....i havent seen one in person yet

Got mine this morning! Opening day of the season. I had been watching this buck along with another smaller drop tine buck for about a month now. Saw him last night and he was in the same spot this morning bedded down in some thick junipers. I about stepped on him when he jumped out of the thicket and I shot him on the run at about a hundred yards. Drop tine was 8 1/2" Scored 165 3/8" gross

post-8945-0-74754500-1351298555_thumb.jpg

Got mine this morning! Opening day of the season. I had been watching this buck along with another smaller drop tine buck for about a month now. Saw him last night and he was in the same spot this morning bedded down in some thick junipers. I about stepped on him when he jumped out of the thicket and I shot him on the run at about a hundred yards. Drop tine was 8 1/2" Scored 165 3/8" gross

uhhhh nice timing for this topic. (: beautiful buck.

This is one We took on the Kaibab. About a 10 inch dropper and a couple extras! Hunted this buck during the archery hunt and ended up taking him on the early rifle hunt.

Lance

post-669-0-75810500-1352398115_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-83693300-1352398151_thumb.jpg

Here's a 5B North droptine buck from 1980.

Where is the 5B buck from the 80's oflag? Let's see it!

I've been reading this forum for a long time without being a member but this drop tine topic got me in. This is a pic of my double drop tine buck from Oregon. I just lucked into finding this buck but since getting him have found a few others with one or more drop tines. Looks like I have an area with a significant drop tine gene. Cant wait for next year.

post-9620-0-83064100-1353452307_thumb.jpg

This is probably from before many of you were born, but here's a Kaibab buck I took in 1983 with multiple droppers.

post-3327-0-00893200-1353454320.jpg