Hunter was with his dad on the hunt we did for him earlier in the month.

He is a fantastic kid, most everyone in camp could not believe he was 13. After 2 days of close calls earlier in the month the unit closed and Hunter had to go back to school. He got caught up on school and his dad informed me if we had any openings he would love to get Hunter back out for another chance.

Sunday morning at daylight they rolled in. After running into some other bear hunters in the spot we originally had planned to hunt we went to plan B. We changed country and rigged a bear late and did not end up getting him caught. The next 2 days were brutal, the feed seemed to have changed again and the bears had moved from where we finding them last week. Tuesday night Randy gave Hunter the option to go home so he wouldn't miss anymore school. Thankfully for us he stayed and we were able to get him what may be the prettiest bear I have ever seen. Literally if you run the hide one way it is a golden blonde, when you run it the other a strawberry red.

Being his first big game kill Hunter got the honors of gutting the bear. He put a fantastic shot on it with a .44 lever action.

It was awesome seeing the excitement in the kids face when he realized "thats MY BEAR"

Ironically, he killed this bear on the 4th day of his hunt and his dad killed his on the 4th day as well.

This was truly a nailbiter, the night before we found out the quota had been met and the unit was going to close and dark Wednesday. I think we will all remember this hunt for a long time, and we will look forward to future hunts with Randy and Hunter.

In my opinion these type of hunts are the best part of being an outfitter.

-Mikepost-1139-0-28068900-1351183791_thumb.jpg

Beautiful bear and thanks for sharing. Congratulations to Hunter and his Dad. :)

TJ

Almost too jealous of the color to respond! That is beautiful!

Amazing bear, absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to all involved, way to stay after it!

Boar matches your dad's beard! What unit were you in?