Sign in to follow this  
mythunter

36B December Coues

Just drew late season 36B coues tag. First time coues hunter and I don't have a lot of time to scout as I am no longer living in AZ. I am looking for suggestions to make sure this hunt is as successful as possible. ( i.e. reccomendations for scouting services, maps, areas, etc.)

www.tlohunting.com

"Fully Outfitted" "Guided Only" or a "Scout-4-U" package. Check it out !

Lance

Welcome mythunter to your number 1 resource for Coues deer and Coues deer hunting :D

I'm sure some of the fine folks here can give you some insite and possibly a few starting points. You've drawn a great tag for your first Coues deer hunt and I wish you the best.

We just purchased another house in Arivaca. WE stay their alot during hunting season. Although we will be hunting in Oct we will be their in Dec as well.

If you really want to get out a few times all through Sept and Oct we will be scouting every weekend. Removing trail cams and pics etc.

we can show you around if its fine wiht you.

We just purchased another house in Arivaca. WE stay their alot during hunting season. Although we will be hunting in Oct we will be their in Dec as well.

If you really want to get out a few times all through Sept and Oct we will be scouting every weekend. Removing trail cams and pics etc.

Vegasjeep--

What do you know about the Universal Ranch RV Park? I have an early 36c tag and the illegals horror stories are starting to bug me--and even worse--wifey. Toying with the idea of staying in civilization as opposed to my usual "booney" camping. It looks to be about 12mi to 286.

Don't need to have camp ransacked--or even somewhat worse--having to shoot one in self defense. ;)

Thanx in advance,

BOB

Vegasjeep--

What do you know about the Universal Ranch RV Park? I have an early 36c tag and the illegals horror stories are starting to bug me--and even worse--wifey. Toying with the idea of staying in civilization as opposed to my usual "booney" camping. It looks to be about 12mi to 286.

Don't need to have camp ransacked--or even somewhat worse--having to shoot one in self defense. :(

Thanx in advance,

BOB

I have hunted Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge every year for the past 10 years which is, in many places, only a couple of miles from the border. I have camped for several weeks and never had any issues. I have seen quite a few illegals, however, the ones that I have seen are trying not to be seen.

Shooting one in self defense--probably not a good program!! Stay away from them, they should stay away from you.

[quote

Shooting one in self defense--probably not a good program!! Stay away from them, they should stay away from you.

Vegasjeep,

Definetely not a preferred program at all. Some reply's elsewhere mentioned armed standoffs at waterholes. Am sure most of them don't want a confontation. Coyotes or drug smugglers would be more of a concern that the illegals themselves

Thanx for the info--BOB :(