Sign in to follow this  

Vortex Hs Vs. Zeiss Conquest

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere, or maybe not. I need to get a nice scope for a semi- long range gun. ( 500 yards) would be max as of right now. I am up in the air on which scope to get, and would like your opinions. Most of you have used one or the other and some of you have probably used both. Which scope is going to give you the best bang for your buck. I am looking at either the 4.5-14 x 44 zeiss conquest or the 4-16x50 Vortex HS LR. I like the fact that the vortex has 75 MOA adjustment on elevation, and also like their turret system. Plus it is a 30mm tube vs only the 1" from Zeiss. I have a zeiss conquest 3-9 on one rifle, and love the crispness of the image for the money. I appreciate your input.

If you are wanting long range then the HS is the scope you want. Zeiss is far more clearer I don't know what the MOA of adjustment is from the Ziess but if it is that of the HS then I would hands down get the Ziess, Good luck

I have a Vortex HS 4-16X44 and it is a nice scope but from what I have seen at high powers the image isn't very clear. I had read up a bunch on these scopes and people "claimed" that could see no difference between them but I can definitely tell my HS isn't even as clear as my old leupold VX-III scope. I have never looked at into a Zeiss but if the options and features of the Zeiss are the same as the HS I would go with the Zeiss.

I've got a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50mm with mildot retilce. It is a very nice scope ... very clear. Mine has the target turrets, so it makes for a good long range rig ... thought it probably would be easier with a Kenton Turret.

I also just bought two Viper HS LR's for my boys. Have not spent much time behind them yet, but they seem pretty sharp. Lots of adjustment, and Vortex makes a custom turret for them.

Seems that a consensus is that the zeiss is clearer, but the vortex has more adjustment and is a little cheaper. I think I am going with Zeiss. If I wanted to get mor adjustment out of the zeiss, I could always get a 20moa base. I should just say, when the scope runs out of adjustment, that is probably a sign that so has my ability to shoot that far.

SJVCON- SInce you have both, I would like to hear some direct feedback when you get a chance to get behind those Hs's. I probably won't pull the trigger on buying a new scope until around Christmas.