Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

Sister in laws great buck!

i was out in my shop yesterday afternoon working on some bear and deer when my brother and my sister in law pulled up to drop of there kids so my wife could watch them while my brother took his wife out for an evening hunt. They have been out for about a week now with not much success, my sister in law is around 6 months pregnant and hasnt been able to hike the hills like she would of liked as you can imagine. Anyway they came out into the shop and asked if i new of anyplaces were we might could glass from with out to much of a hike from the truck, and i said yea i think so there is a finger ridge that juttes out over a canyon with lots of creases in it to glass from and be able to shoot across, that would be just a 100 yard hike out to the edge then we can sit and glass and if she shoots one across there you can go and get it... "here let me draw you a map"..... "on second thought i'll go show ya " :) :) so i dropped everything grabbed my stuff and off we went..... the night was going to be great when we got pulled over just as we were gassing up and were let off with a warning to slow down... who gets let off with a warning i never do..... anyway luck was on our side, as we made it to the spot i wanted to go we spotted a bacholor group of 6 bucks, 2- 4x4's a 3x3, 2-2x2's and a big spike.... ( she didnt care what she shot as the hunt was drawing to a close and she wanted to fill the freezer) BUT since there happen to be 2 big bucks with them :) :) ... any way she got set up for the shot and let one fly, one of the big 4x4s jumped and kicked straight out the back, indicating a solid hit, Down the canyon they went with the big buck having a hard time keeping up... starting up the other side.... watch him, dont loose him.... he has stoped.... cant shoot all the other deer pile around him..... watch him.... he is staggering.... DOWN HE GOES!! watch and make sure.... i dont see any movement... ok go over to him and make sure, we will stay here and guide you to him.... so down my brother goes and as we keep an eye on him from about 450 yards away, i dont see anymovement lindsay you have just killed a very nice BIG 4x4, congrats!!! she is exstatic as me and my brother are as well..... Now the fun part either back across this canyon or up the side he is on.... Wait Shawn there is a road in the bottom if i take the truck all the way out and around i'm pretty sure i can get a lot closer and it will be down hill, so off lindsay and i go to find our way around, 35 minutes latter i am parked 250 yards straight below the buck. We head up get pictures, do the dirty work and drag him straight down hill to the truck. Everyone is on cloud 9 and what a pretty buck. his forks arent realy deep, but they are heavy all the way up, and he is 25 inches wide. a great deer in anyones book!

post-2728-0-08444800-1351867635.jpg

post-2728-0-74606800-1351867644.jpg

post-2728-0-28019800-1351867656.jpg

post-2728-0-13839300-1351867669.jpg

post-2728-0-41288600-1351867680.jpg

Great Buck! Way to go! Pregnant, hunting, and a sharp shooting........Wow! Huge congrat on you buck!

Very nice! Looks like I was in that country helping my father in law last weekend.

Congrats!

Jeff

Heck yeah. Anyone that wouldn't shoot a buck like that is out of their mind. I wish I could have a chance at one like that. Good job