Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

3A/3C Update & Traffic Jam

This weekend is our annual trip with my in-laws to the cabin up in 3C. One of my favorite things about coming up here is escaping the family insanity for hours at a time to do some scouting and wild life watching. In all my years of doing this I have never seen so many hunters and the back roads so crowded. Once obscure and hard to find jeep trails have been traveled so heavily they are inches deep in dry powder dirt. Normally on one of my early morning or late afternoon escapes I'll see at least a dozen deer, but in two days nothing but people. Mind you we come up this same weekend (during the rifle deer hunt) each year.

Was there a big increase in tags this year?

Nope they actually cut over 100 tags out of the general deer hunt since it went to the alternative management list

Funny u say that because we have been hunting 3C all week since last Friday. Seen a few camps, 2-4 road hunters, and no boots on the grounds except ours. It has been a very quite week for us. We have not ran into anyone in spots we been hunting and it has been AWESOME!!!!! I'm so used to 36b on the weekend, that I thought it was a ghost town? And I will say we did not come across one 4-wheeler which amazed me. Only thing I can guess we were away from the crowed?

Funny u say that because we have been hunting 3C all week since last Friday. Seen a few camps, 2-4 road hunters, and no boots on the grounds except ours. It has been a very quite week for us. We have not ran into anyone in spots we been hunting and it has been AWESOME!!!!! I'm so used to 36b on the weekend, that I thought it was a ghost town? And I will say we did not come across one 4-wheeler which amazed me. Only thing I can guess we were away from the crowed?

My wife and i were also up there this past week. we never ran into another hunter in the areas we were hunting. but there was a ton of traffic on some of the roads.

I live out in the middle of 3C about 3 miles from Black Canyon lake and had this tag also. Traffic was pretty crazy that first weekend by my house but slowed down after Sunday. While hunting I didn't see a whole lot of people but judging off how many gun shots I heard I'm not sure there are going to be any more deer left within 5 miles of my house. Haha it was like a war zone Friday and Saturday morning up there. Glad I got mine first light opening morning or might have been shot with all the shooting going on. Hopefully everyone was missing so there can be some deer for next year!