Sign in to follow this  
DILL

Dream buck gave me the slip. but this buck will do

Let me start my saying times are tight in my house. With that being said two years ago I left be beloved unit of 22 to of which I have killed great bucks in to try a new unit to hunt with my pals. Last year we had good success knowing little about our new unit that we decided to hunt. So scouting started for this year and the first buck I glass up is this PIG. Spent many more days looking for him but he never turned up. Opening moring comes and boy was it windy nothing was moving except our bodies from the chilles the wind caused. I told myself if a good buck appears dont be picky for my little family needs food and that is more important that big antlers right now. That eveing I glassed up 3 bucks making there way down a rigde to a clearing to feed....... I had seen enough grab my rifle my friend and we took off leaving my other buddy and little brother to keep and eye on them and to let us know when and where they move. We cut he distance to 650 yards and i was ready to shoot with light running out but had 2 guys telling me just hold on there feeding our way at a good pace. I couldnt wait any longer so I said to my pal you on him...... yup..... first shot hit low under his front sholder that slowed him down second shot stop him in his track which made me happy because i hate seeing animals suffer or running off wounded. Not my best buck or the buck I was looking for but beyond happy with him not because he is a good buck but he gives my family food. Thanks to my little brother and by buds for helping me. the big boy is a big 4. On his right side he had a couple cheaters and some other trash.

Very nice. Sometimes you just got to do the quick and easy thing that is right at the time.

That is still one heck of a great buck!

jeff