Sign in to follow this  
apache12

I got hit with Cancer, reaching out for Prayer

Thanks for all the responsw. Such are great group of folks on this site. I've scouted the west side of the unit a few months back and it's a strange hunt, looks like lope country but found some nice finger canyons that come off burro creek canyon and glassed some young bucks running with big groups of does. I'm sure there's some good bucks. I'm just not the hike into the canyons is in my best interest. I've never been a road hunter but I've got some PM"s about woking the roads west of Camp Wood, and one PM on an outfitter to check with. I'm going to give him a call. Thanks again for the Prayers. Hard to call folks on this site strangers!

I am sorry to hear about your illness. Sure hope that you "fight the good fight" and everything works out for the best.

Talk to your doctor, and get an opinion on going with your boys on that hunt. If things take a turn for the worse, that hunt will mean alot to them (and you) later on. Just sayin......

Prayers sent !

May the Lord bless the hands of all your doctors and may He bless and clean every organ in your body and make you free of any illness and pain. May the Lord gives the joy to hear from you that you are cancer free! AMEN!

• Like 4

you got it i hope you get better many prayers youre way god bless you and your family and good luck to your sons hunt

The outreach from folks on this site has knocked me to the ground. I pray that God blesses all of you and reaches out to comfort you with any of the challenges you may be facing in your life.

If any of you need or want a brand new pair of Russel outdoor Rain/Cold weather pants.Called Raintamer II. they still have the tag, and were priced over $80 they are just a litte to short and little to big in the waist. They ahve a full lenght zipper, mossy oak infinity pattern. They are really nice quality pants. I'm a 34 waist and I think these would be comfortable to 38 to 40 wasit and I'm 6'1" 34 inseam and they are about two inches short on me. they are size L.

They are free to whomever needs them. I'll meet and give them to you ship them to you if that is easier. I can send a pic, but if you google russel outdoors raintamer II you'll find them.

Good luck to you.

I can't say it any better than Ernesto did, so I'll just ditto.

Why are they waiting so long to start chemo if it is an aggressive form of cancer?

Apache12,

Prayers work,

Stay positive,

From experience: I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colorectal Cancer Nov 2010, 1 emergency surgery 2 organs reduced and 7 months of Chemo which reduced cancer more than 50% followed by another major surgery taking a third of my liver and gall bladder, then 1 month of chemo and I am now 95% cancer free.

I sacrificed a Dec WT tag in 24B that year but was able to get back there this year and take this buck.

post-382-0-86945400-1352822664_thumb.jpg

What cancer center you going to?

Family and Friends mean everything.

Dan

Thats a tough break man. I have never been to that unit so can't be much help there but keep your head up they are doing amazing things against cancer. You and your family are in my prayers.

Prayers sent. Hoping for a full recovery for you. I pray that you have many more days with your wife and sons.