Hi Folks! I live in Phoenix and miss duck hunting with my Grandpa in NC. I would love some ideas of where to start or go if any one is willing to share. Might even like to join you. All help is always appreciated! :)

Try hunting the edges of Roosevelt Lake or the two river ends! There are a lot of Ducks in Roosevelt!

Try hunting the edges of Roosevelt Lake or the two river ends! There are a lot of Ducks in Roosevelt!

+1 there are a lot of ducks there!

just be aware of the closure on the tonto creek end... not sure of exact boundaries but I think it was from orange peal or just south to around where the three bar road is.

James

Thanks guys! I'll have to take a trip to Roosevelt:) Thanks again!

Results:)post-4863-0-72353300-1352678880_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, meant to mention these ducks were from a couple other local holes. Can't wait to try for some Pintails @ Roosevelt!!

Oh coots are always reserved for specials guests ;)

LOL I have always wanted to try and get a big competition together and see which 2 man team can bring in 50 coots the quickest. Problem is, if you kill em' you gotta eat em'. Just can not bring myself to do it.

Might be fun with a bow.....less chance do havin to eat!:-D

There like shooting javelina. There a lot of fun to shoot, but once you've shot them you regret doing it:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL I have always wanted to try and get a big competition together and see which 2 man team can bring in 50 coots the quickest. Problem is, if you kill em' you gotta eat em'. Just can not bring myself to do it.

just filet them and jerk em up for your dog.

James

• Like 1

Yes they are legal to shoot. I'm not sure what the limit is. I think the limit is around 10 birds, but I could be wrong about that number. They are great for kids and they make great dog food!