Congradulations!! Great Story!!! Great Deer!!!

Awesome buck! But just out of curiosity why did you decide to carry the whole buck out like that? That's a really long ways to carry all that extra hide/bones/hooves etc.. Conrats on a great buck though.

I decided to take him out whole because I knew I could, having done it a few times before with other friend's and family's bucks. The forecast was for 95 degrees and I didn't feel like letting the heat catch up.

All that said, in hindsight it would have been much easier and safer to have boned him out up there on the mountainside.

• Like 1

Great job!! Super buck!

Don't forget to enter him in the coues contest! And try your hand at uploading him on the nonforum part of the site....use the tag "wide" too so it will get classified with the other wide bucks on the site.

You're a freakin Stud. Nice work Amigo, awesome deer, congrats. Now pick that bow back up and get ready for January!!!!!

Thank you for introducing us to Mr. Wide and congratulations on taking him. I loved the description of how you felt before pulling the trigger and you nailed it right on the head of how to define one's self, awesome for sure.