What are these guys up to?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What are these guys up to?

• Obviously deer hunters
    • A police action, federally's going after the bad guys
    • An invasion, Mexican Military walking into the US
    • Mercenaries, Bandidos going after their next target
    • UPS, International Package delivery

Hunting in 36b over the weekend my hunting crew got closer to these guys than my comfort level allowed. You be the Judge on what they are up to. They were 3/4 of mile past the border in some of the pictures and a Just on the other side in the others. Its an interesting but likely overly dramatic (on my part) story that I will tell over beer

post-4480-0-04071500-1352771148_thumb.jpg

post-4480-0-16873100-1352771120_thumb.jpg

post-4480-0-03384500-1352771215_thumb.jpg

post-4480-0-90360900-1352771261_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Could be a number of things you have not considered. Camo in my opinion doesn't always mean hunters or government. They could be coyotes scouting a route in for all I know. Members of a cartel smuggling drugs? And/or illegal immigrants who want to look like they are OK to be there? Guys who take the tactical hunting thing a little too seriously?

Is there any background info that makes you suspect government involvement on either side?

The guy with the hat not wearing the black (bullet proof) vest is carrying an assault rifle with a large magazineIMO. I think they are the look outs and or security for an up coming shipment of ???????

The guy with the hat not wearing the black (bullet proof) vest is carrying an assault rifle with a large magazineIMO. I think they are the look outs and or security for an up coming shipment of ???????

I was thinking along the lines of smuggling myself.

My cousin and I had a very close encounter with bandidos in 36b, and they were not in camo and all were carrying Kalashnikovs... but they were on our side of the border a couple years back, maybe they have upgraded... The mules we have reported in 36b and were taken by BP no camo ... I agree it could be numerous situations including federales ... Seen many strange things down there including blacked a completely blacked out SUV doing about 60 through Warsaw canyon on a moonless night with no headlights, so something like these guys would be no surprise nor worry unless those guns came pointing my way!

No water, no backpack, most likely up to no good bandits or very dumb hunters. You should have sent one of ur buddies down to ask them! Now we will never know

War on US soil.....free for shooting!

Ha. I like that and agree.

I took my nephews gun from him (264 win mag) and all three lined up as I covered my nephews and my brothers exit. I think military because of the spacing when they walked. I was not going to go into to much background but here are a couple more details. There were two of the normal borders crossers/drug smugglers to the southeast of these guys that may have been the hunted. And it is possible it's smugglers because the guy in the vest has something under his arm. But it is also could be something else because we were to the south and east of them and they caught up to us eventough they were past us (happenstance or not). One more detail is we heard multiple gun fire about an hour earlier from this area. They guy in the vest is a badass.

In the last picture there is national boundary marker, that they are south of at that moment. The boundary says this

post-4480-0-13122400-1352775585_thumb.jpg

My girlfriend had her first rifle deer hunt this past weekend down there in 36b. Neither of us had ever been hunting down there before and to say the least i am amazed! Ive seen border wars on national geographic before but you really cannot grasp how bad it is down there until you experience it first hand. The first two days of her hunt we saw 4 different groups of illegals. The biggest group being 12 people. We had 2 groups walk right by us within 100 yards! Trash was everywhere in the area we were in and quite frankly i was disgusted by it! Something needs to be done about this! If its that easy for these people to just come across the border how easy will it be for a terrorist to get into our country!?

• Like 1

They are a few days late, the election was last Tuesday.

I'm sure they were sent a mail in ballot

They were waiting for the green light from Black Jesus to A-Okay the Dream Act.