Sign in to follow this  
drcarr

Unit 9 Late Rifle Elk Hunt

I'm heading back out scouting on 11/24/12....if necessary I intend to hunt until dark thirty of the last day...I was wondering if any other CWT members have this hunt??...regardless of their Hunt Unit may all the Elk hunters experience solid hits, clean misses and short blood trails...

don

A friend and I plan on getting in 4 more days of scouting before our hunt in 9 starts. Don't know if we will be on the east or west side yet. We plan on being mobile and have no set camp. Good luck to ya.

• Like 1

My wife had the tag last year and we could not get away from people anywhere we went, I think a lot of the giant bulls move in to the thick timber till the pressure eases up. It was an extremely frustrating hunt. There were people literally in every corner of the unit. I'm sure you will have better luck than we did.

I have hunted this Unit off and on since the mid 1970's for Elk, Deer, Turkeys and Predators.....I agree that it can be a real tough hunt regardless of species pursued....I intend to give it my best shot by scouting as much as possible ( I already scouted/camped in the Unit from 10/07/12 through 11/03/12) and by hunting dawn to dark every day of the season....I too will be as mobile as necessary...Red Rabbit, if you or anyone other CWT members hunting Unit 9 have need of any kind of assistance I'm willing to help as possible....things happen and some parts of Unit 9 are real rough on a vehicle....again, good luck to all...

don

CELL PH.#520-834-2359

Would anyone that hunted during the unit 9 bull hunt care to share any info about the hunting conditions or where the cows seemed to be hanging out? My 12 and 10 year sons both have cow tags and we're heading out tonight. I was up scouting the weekend before the bull hunt and thers seemed to be a lot of fresh sign at the tanks along the coconino rim but I'm sure things have changed a bit after the bull hunt.

Thanks,

Tim