Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Jr Hunt...

To our despair, Desert Ridge lost to Hamilton in the Semi-Finals two weeks ago... Hamilton congrats on your hard earned State Championship.... luckily that freed up the weekend for my son's jr hunt.

We went out on Fri and saw a bunch of does, our buddy glassed one buck for a brief moment, windy terrible day. Top off a horrible day with the Cats losing to ASU….

On Saturday we get up the hill before light and spot a small 2x3 soon after the sun rises continuing to glass a huge buck is spotted in the same area, Tyler gets set up on shooting sticks and takes the shot... miss. He gets another crack, another miss... dad had a coronary...knew he needed a better rest, shouldn't of had him shoot... good learning experience for him (and I)... he we stayed on the hill for a couple of hours, spot another small buck... then decide to head to another area. Eat lunch, glass, does, buck, spike, does... sun going down. Head to another spot for a final look before the sun goes down. Glass a nice buck, filled with excitement "lay down right here"... big buck can't tell you where (cause I began helping my son set up), he's in this area, get ready... buddy says he's right by the big rock... perfect landmark.... son sets up in prone position off bi-pod, range the deer, Accubond is let lose from 300 WSM, wack.. he rolls over and is done.. fantastic buck...but the one that he missed earlier was… huge. Darn camera battery died before decent pics could be taken...

This buck tops his from last year…. Tyler has one more year of Jr hunts… but my 9 year old will begin his coues journey next year!!

post-295-0-14317300-1354027597_thumb.jpg

his buck from last year.

post-295-0-96330200-1354027641_thumb.jpg

Outstanding!!!!!!! Awesome for Tyler! (Tough deal for Desert Ridge! My boys go to Brophy and we've been watching the games closely.... ;) )

Great and lovely buck!

S.

:)

Congrats to you and your son. That is an outstanding buck. Long eye guards and long G3s are the mark of a great buck and that buck has both. Thanks for sharing and thanks for cropping his hat off in the picture this year. :)

• Like 1

Great looking buck congrats to your son!

Outstanding!!!!!!! Awesome for Tyler! (Tough deal for Desert Ridge! My boys go to Brophy and we've been watching the games closely.... ;) )

Great and lovely buck!

S.

:)

Thanks. Brophy had a great year...as did Desert Ridge. I see how hard these young men work and their dedication and that of the coaches its hard to watch them lose...but that is what athletics teach them.