COOSEFAN

How Rare Is This!!! Never dreamed I'd get one!

I remember when I was younger seeing a picture of somebody with a full albino Javelina and thinking that would be the neatest and rarest trophy to get. I've had a serious addiction to hunting these stinky critters ever since killing my first one at age 15 and I think with the exception of 2 or 3 years, I've killed one in AZ every year since. Spending as much time in MX as I do enables me to hunt them even more every year and it's awesome to see how much the locals appreciate it when I bring them a fresh killed pig, plus it's awesome that I don't have to butcher em'!

With all the years I've spent hunting the desert and all the countless pigs I've seen I've never seen a full albino and can't think of any friends that have either. I've seen several that were light colored or had white spots but never a full albino, so you can imagine my excitement a few days ago when I saw this freak!

I was on an early hunt with a friend in Mexico this past week. The weather sucked, it was very hot and the deer activity was very low unless you were on water. We never saw any rut action and all the Muleys and Coues were still in bachelor groups. I had hoped for more pre-rut action at least but that wasn't the case on the desert ranches we hunted. We did see several great bucks of both specie but nothing worthy of shooting this early.

On one day at straight up noon we spotted a group of pigs and immediately noticed the bright white one!!! Luckily, my buddy with the rifle knew of my admiration for Javi's and saw my excitement! He handed me his rifle and without hesitation I slammed a perfect shot through the trophy of a lifetime, well...at least a trophy of a lifetime for a Javi lover such as myself! LOL!

2012BlancoCochi_0011_edited-1.jpg

2012BlancoCochi_0005.jpg

2012BlancoCochi_0006.jpg

I'll throw a pic in here to illustrate how crazy white this dude is compared to normal pigs!

2012MexicoPigsyCoyotes_5834_edited-1.jpg

2012BlancoCochi_0012.jpg

The pictures aren't the best because of the harsh mid day light and he's actually whiter than the pics appear! He has pink eyes, was a good sized boar and appeared to be in perfect health. I didn't have time to freeze the cape long enough prior to heading home so I had to leave him in MX but I'll bring him back on my next trip! I skinned him for a full lifesize and I cannot wait to get that done!!!!

I've never interrupted a hunt before to shoot something for myself and I felt bad about it but luckily my friend was understanding and awesome by giving me his rifle and a half hour of his hunt to achieve a dream I never thought was possible! Thanks, I'll never forget it mi amigo!!!

• Like 9

Congrats Jim on a truely unique trophy. I am only aware of one other albino javi and it was taken in MX by another sponsor on this site. Thanks for sharing and good luck on the rest of your hunts down south.

That is so Cool! It will make a Fantastic life size! Congrats on the pig of a lifetime and good friends that share rifles!

WOW!! that is so awesome!! That will definitely be a great mount! did you keep the skull and did you happen to age it? I wonder how long he lived being bright white like that!

I have heard of white Javelina in some part of Mexico (don't remember where though) but this is the first ablino I have seen or heard of. Congrats on a great trophy.

Oh great......you killed Yeti's pet javelina......lol. :D That is a cool javi, still as ugly as a normal one. Great shot placement too!

Congrats Jim, that is totally awsome!

VERY cool, Jim! What a unique kill! Awesome!

The picture makes the Javi look fluffy and cuddly. lol My guess is that dude is as stinky and tough as the rest of them though! ;)

S.

:)

Congratulations on a truly unique trophy! Way cool and I can't wait to see the pictures of the mount once you get it back.

Awesome, I am lucky enough to see only 1 fully albino javi in Arizona, he was certainly a juvenile about 10 months old or so and we didnt want to shoot him and hoped to find him as he got bigger but he dissapeared! Bet he was easy to spot for the coyotes!

Congrats on once of a lifetime kill!

Thats really cook Jim!

I am surprised no one has brought this up:

"I'll throw a pic in here to illustrate how crazy white this dude is compared to normal pigs"

YES, YOU ARE A LOT WHITER THEN THE PIGS!

• Like 1