Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

First Post---My 12 yr olds first bull

Long time veiwer first time poster....Well it was a very tough hunt. This unit in the late hunt is pretty much bumping into them or glassing sycamore canyon with a million other people. Since we were'nt trophy hunting we stayed up high and hit several places where I chased them for the archery bull hunt. Well after making the boy hike about 20 miles in 3 days he got tired. So we went and grabbed the ranger and decided to go glass sycamore for a biggin when out of nowhere this fella decided to peek his head out. Junior yells dad bull, I slam on the ranger brakes and he jumped out and grabbed the 30-06 and i grabbed the bipod. We ran about 30 yds to a fence and there he was. His head and neck were the only thing showing, i'm thinking dang he's gonna run, out of no where junior lets it rip and hits the elk right in the neck and this thing dropped like a brick...small spike thats gonna taste great. the boy is doing good, cow elk at 10, 3 pt deer at 11 now is first bull at 12. Now he wants to archery hunt after experiencing a rut hunt with me where the boys are everywhere...

post-9454-0-03638800-1354578330_thumb.jpg

post-9454-0-65404200-1354578338_thumb.jpg

Congrats and that's a boy to be proud of. Really hard hunting way to get it done.

Congrats! Pretty cool that your son is having such good success so young! Keep up the good work!

Congrats to Junior!

Way to go Bud!...and nice shooting!

Thanks for sharing your success with us and may there be many more in your future.

Saweeeet!Congrats to your boy & welcome to the site!

thanks guys we went up to caseys yesterday and picked it up so now he's bragging how he filled the freezer up....lol...

congrats on your sons first bull, I believe me and my wife past you guys standing on the side of the road saturday morning. my wife also shot a spike on tuesday afternoon, we hunted hard she missed an oppurtunity at a 5x5 opening morning( no shot fired), and she passed on spikes sat,sun, and monday and by tues she was just spent.

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your son's first elk. Looks like you got a pretty good huntin partner for sure. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

AWESOME!!!! Congrats to the young hunter!

Horns and a full freezer are great! The true long lasting trophy are those pics, IMO! That second picture will be pure gold many years from now.... ;)

Thanks for sharing with the site!

S.

:)

Great Job, Its encouraging to see a young man interested in something other than video games. We all need to remember to take our kids hunting so we don't have to hunt for our kids.