Sign in to follow this  
dbj

One happy hunter......

Finally after hunting and seeing only 41 does in the my 6 days of the hunt came my last chance. I was not going to be able to to hunt the last day so Saturday morning me and a co-worker met up and started the adventure into the unknown. After pulling up to the gate we see two trucks unloading quads and rhinos. So after thinking this is going to be one tough day with all these people hunting in the same area. We said WTH lets drive in and start hiking up a hill and see what happens , not long after hiking up and setting up the binos I see 4 jeeps and 3 more quads coming down the road. But the funny thing is that while I am sitting there you can see that all they are doing is hunting from the road, driving and stopping looking up at the side of the hill driving some more (as my pops would say bunch of Roadrunners) all I could do was chuckle a little and think of him at that time. So me and my buddy get up and move around to the other side of the mountain when out in front of us about 100 yds pops up a deer from behind one of the three trees on the whole side of the mountain one shot from the 300 RUM and down he goes. Needless to say I was one happy camper.

post-482-0-03603100-1355251895.jpg

post-482-0-97980000-1355251912.jpg

post-482-0-59587600-1355251930_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thought I had lost this pic but found it , couldn't of done it without these two guys help.

" "AT TA BOY"!!! Domingo!! nice buck! Sorry i couldnt make it on your hunt!!! next year!!! ;)
  • Like 1