Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Bought my Two Javelina tags today

TJ I havent heard that. But if its true I could get a rifle tag and have all three hunts in the unit...not to sound greedy but that would be awesome...I love hunting those javelina!

But in all reality when I was at game and fish today. They told me you can only get two tags as long as they are different hunt numbers.

You can have as many tags as you're willing to buy so long as no two tags have the same hunt number. You just can't bag more than two pigs. I confirmed this with the draw department in Phoenix and at the counter in Mesa when I bought my leftover tags. I have a draw tag and two leftover tags, all for different hunt numbers.

TJ I havent heard that. But if its true I could get a rifle tag and have all three hunts in the unit...not to sound greedy but that would be awesome...I love hunting those javelina!

But in all reality when I was at game and fish today. They told me you can only get two tags as long as they are different hunt numbers.

You can have as many tags as you're willing to buy so long as no two tags have the same hunt number. You just can't bag more than two pigs. I confirmed this with the draw department in Phoenix and at the counter in Mesa when I bought my leftover tags. I have a draw tag and two leftover tags, all for different hunt numbers.

Wow, that's interesting.....I hadn't heard that! Thanks for the info.

Bag Limit Two (2) javelina per calendar year (except as prescribed in R12-4-120) with no more than one (1) javelina taken per open

area as defined in each hunt number. The bag limit may be filled in any combination of permit-tag (draw tag or firstcome left over draw tag as long as differing hunt numbers) or nonpermit-tag (over-the-counter tag) hunts as prescribed

in R12-4-114. No more than one (1) permit-tag shall be issued per hunter through the initial draw.

James

So to clarify, if I have an archery tag for 37 and a general tag for 37a I am only allowed one javelina. If I get a archery tag for 33 and a general for 37a I can get two javelina. Is that correct?

shanachie,

no those are 2 different hunts so you can harvest a pig during the archery season in 37 and then a pig during the general hunt in 37, you cant harvest 2 pigs during the archery season or vice versa you can't harvest 2 pigs during the general hunt. hope that makes sense

shanachie,

no those are 2 different hunts so you can harvest a pig during the archery season in 37 and then a pig during the general hunt in 37, you cant harvest 2 pigs during the archery season or vice versa you can't harvest 2 pigs during the general hunt. hope that makes sense

Actually you can harvest two during the archery or rifle seasons, but they would have to be different units (ie, diff hunt numbers). so if you had a tag for 24b rifle and then 37 rifle season, you could harvest in both units during the rifle season since they are different hunt numbers.

17A & 17B Gun, 37A HAM for me.

Time to start scouting.........After the rain.

I did not know you can have 2 Tags in two units. I might grab me a Archery Tag for a close unit and get some extra time in with the bow.